Author Topic: Cancel Automatic Renewal  (Read 84939 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Cancel Automatic Renewal
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2014, 07:36:22 PM »
An abbreviated post was placed on Reply #28, two posts above yours.
If you have your order confirmation, go to/get it and click on the order portal link.

Once there, go back to the order confirmation and copy and paste both the order ID and the password they gave you. Once where that takes you, click on manage subscription. Once where that takes you, look for automatic renewals and make sure the off box/circle is checked. Or, if you want them to automatically bill you for renewal, check that box. Whatever you do, go back in and make sure your selection is what you want, if you changed it from what it was, because I didn't and don't see a save changes button/tab. But then mine was already set to off for automatic renewals because when I placed my order I saw it and made sure it was off before completing my order.

Hope this helps!!!
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline marber

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2015, 01:18:11 AM »
If you have your order confirmation, go to/get it and click on the order portal link.

Once there, go back to the order confirmation and copy and paste both the order ID and the password they gave you. Once where that takes you, click on manage subscription. Once where that takes you, look for automatic renewals and make sure the off box/circle is checked. Or, if you want them to automatically bill you for renewal, check that box. Whatever you do, go back in and make sure your selection is what you want, if you changed it from what it was, because I didn't and don't see a save changes button/tab. But then mine was already set to off for automatic renewals because when I placed my order I saw it and made sure it was off before completing my order.

Hope this helps!!!

I think Sorzy has the answer. You have to actually copy and paste the order number and password from the email. Just typing them in doesn't work.
Thanks Sorzy. It was driving me crazy. Although I haven't yet received a confirmation email, doing the copy and paste trick got me to where I did click disable auto renewal.

REDACTED

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2015, 02:09:20 PM »
I tried that but it didn't work. All I got was this message:

Error:
We are unable to perform the selected action. We apologise for the inconvenience.
Error Number:  SIT_000002

REDACTED

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2015, 03:00:09 PM »
order ID 13607110200,  please cancel automatic renewal, just no longer need it for our church account. Than ks Bill Clevenger

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2015, 03:11:47 PM »
order ID 13607110200,  please cancel automatic renewal, just no longer need it for our church account. Than ks Bill Clevenger
tried FAQ section for how to do info?   https://www.avast.com/en-eu/faq.php?q=renewal#searchForm