viruses and worms > viruses and worms

Major Computer Crash

<< < (3/4) > >>

RocketNut:
I don't understand that link. What are you trying to tell me?

essexboy:
The addon that it refers to will, when you are browsing produce advert popups, get additional search engines and may install them.  It will track your usage and travels   

RocketNut:
I found it, should I delete that file? Right now I have renamed by adding "-xxx" to end of file name.

Secondly:

I think I only send you a single file so I am resending both OTL files again.

essexboy:
I can remove it for you

Warning This fix is only relevant for this system and no other, using on another computer may cause problems

Be advised that when the fix commences it will shut down all running processes and you may lose the desktop and icons, they will return on reboot

Run OTL
[*]Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following

[/list]
--- Code: ---:OTL
FF - prefs.js..extensions.enabledAddons: infoatoms%40infoatoms.com:1.4.0.0
FF - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\mozilla\Firefox\Extensions\\infoatoms@infoatoms.com: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\extensions\infoatoms@infoatoms.com [2012/12/01 12:35:56 | 000,000,000 | ---D | M]
[2012/12/01 12:35:56 | 000,000,000 | ---D | M] (InfoAtoms) -- C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\extensions\infoatoms@infoatoms.com
O2 - BHO: (InfoAtoms) - {103089DA-0F31-4A8B-843F-7D24A7FE8345} - C:\Program Files (x86)\InfoAtoms\IE32\InfoAtomsClientIE.dll (InfoAtoms Inc.)

:Files
C:\Program Files (x86)\InfoAtoms

:Commands
[resethosts]
[emptytemp]
[CREATERESTOREPOINT]
[Reboot]
--- End code ---
[*]Then click the Run Fix button at the top
[*]Let the program run unhindered, reboot the PC when it is done
[*]Open OTL again and click the Quick Scan button. Post the log it produces in your next reply. [/list]

RocketNut:
Here is the log. There is one more I do not where it is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

avast! on Twitter | avast! on Facebook
Google Chrome

AVAST recommends using the FREE Google Chrome™ browser.

Download Google Chrome Now
Go to full version