Author Topic: she.dll  (Read 2517 times)

wolf998

she.dll
« on: December 02, 2012, 02:51:46 PM »
When loading my computer with a new installation of xp in order to partition the drive before reloading with windows 7 because my factory restore disks do not have that option a file called she.dll came across the screen. I was bored and looking up a couple of the file names streaming across, and this one caught my eye, mainly because the file name ammused me.

A couple of websites claim it is malicious, a worm that infects other computers on nearby networks. I have since reloaded with windows 7, should this overwrite the file(s) or is it one of those ones that burn it's self into the ram? I have tried searching the computer but apparently with the level of user I have set for my account, I cannot find any of the .dll files. How do I know that this isn't an on going worm in the intestines of my computer? Or is it just an IT joke from windows programmers? cause the corelation between the file name and instantanious assumption of negative intentions was kinda funny, until it was validated....

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: she.dll
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 06:25:06 PM »
If you have the file in your computer, please, upload to www.virustotal.com and post back the link with the results.
The best things in life are free.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 06:34:55 PM »
No record of she.dll anywhere on my XP Pro system.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

wolf998

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 01:40:15 AM »
I tried browsing the cd and didn't find anything, when I reloaded with the factory discs that came with my laptop, it came up again in the bios screen. I still can't browse to it or search for it anywhere on my computer.

I have however found mngr.exe with a scan from a competitor, as my computer kept locking up every time id try and access updates or McAfee's website I bought an avg disk at walmart and ran it in safe mode after looking up how to do so.

https://www.virustotal.com/file/ebe792033603f3917ff5463f6131b3d3c9e64af76f5df78cb8b16f6d6c5759e8/analysis/

when i first ran avg it found some 117 files it didn't like so I'm going to try and run off line, any other advice or what not would help, I'm pre-university