Author Topic: Recommend avast! and get Internet Security for free  (Read 250332 times)

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Recommend avast! and get Internet Security for free
« on: December 03, 2012, 09:28:43 AM »
Hi all,

we recently launched a  recommendation program, it's still in "open beta" so any feedback is appreciated.
The recommending is simple:

Create or login to your avast account

Go to the Recommendations section
https://my.avast.com/recommendation

Share the unique link via social networks or email.

When somebody installs avast using your unique link and start using avast, you will get a credit for it and see it on your dashboard. (this can be delayed up to 24 hours after the installation)
https://my.avast.com/recommendation

When you reach 7/14/21 friends to install and use avast, you will be eligible to download a free license of Internet Security for 1/2/3 years. The maximum is 3 year license valid from the time the first license was issued. (basically you reach 7 friends, we give you a license for 1 year and if you get another 7, the license will be prolonged for 1 year...)

We tried to make it as easy as possible for you, and we know that's quite easy to cheat, but on the other side we are able to detect suspicious accounts and disable the licenses, so please do not cheat ;-)

Our goal is obvious: Motivate and reward people recommending avast and to grow our userbase.

So start recommending and write me your opinions and ideas.

Thanks
Martin

p.s. other languages will follow soon, so far English only..
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 11:26:48 AM by MartinZ »

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
Re: Recommend avast! and get Internet Security for free
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 03:09:14 PM »
The cheating thing is a challenge. E.g.  I already have 12 obscurely-named email addresses I could "refer" to if that was my intention.

I just wish it had started sooner. None of my previous referrals count. :(
There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25

Oldboy49

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 10:11:59 AM »
Fix the problems first.
Untill then i cannot in all good conscience tell anyone to use it

Aco

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 11:23:21 PM »
Hi, I have a question. I do software and hardware repairs. Whether I do reinstallations of OS or virus cleaning of system I always install Avast Free and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware free for a simple reason that I consider them to be the best free protection out there. The thing is that while I do that, when registering Avast I always put a bogus e-mail address and tell the computer owners to enter their name and e-mail address to register Avast after expiration of 1 year license. It would be awkward to ask the clients what their e-mail address is, it would be kind of intrusion of privacy.

So I wanted to know if you guys consider it wrong if I use that referral link when I'm installing Avast on their computers? Basically they will register it with their own e-mail address (hopefully) after 1 year when renewing license. Although free version of Avast is enough for me, just wandering.

Tony Dodd

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 06:36:47 AM »
I used to love this product, but on my newly installed Windows 8 it is like alpha software. I cannot recommend while there are so many issues. Sorry. I just bought a year license for ais, but I had to uninstall and use another product.  :(

user_1000

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 09:29:03 AM »
I used to love this product, but on my newly installed Windows 8 it is like alpha software. I cannot recommend while there are so many issues. Sorry. I just bought a year license for ais, but I had to uninstall and use another product.  :(

Maybe you should ask for a refund.

sales(at)avast.com

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 03:58:15 PM »
Hi, I have a question. I do software and hardware repairs. Whether I do reinstallations of OS or virus cleaning of system I always install Avast Free and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware free for a simple reason that I consider them to be the best free protection out there. The thing is that while I do that, when registering Avast I always put a bogus e-mail address and tell the computer owners to enter their name and e-mail address to register Avast after expiration of 1 year license. It would be awkward to ask the clients what their e-mail address is, it would be kind of intrusion of privacy.

So I wanted to know if you guys consider it wrong if I use that referral link when I'm installing Avast on their computers? Basically they will register it with their own e-mail address (hopefully) after 1 year when renewing license. Although free version of Avast is enough for me, just wandering.

Hi Aco,

no it doesn't matter what email address they will use for registration, so you can use your referral installer. But I recommend to rather not registering with bogus email and ask the user to register itself immediately in the 30-day trial period. Now the registrations are attached to creation of avast! account.

Thx
Martin

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 06:10:44 PM »
OK, full forces enabled - Facebook, Google +, my website, even one of the biggest advertisement portal in Lithuania  8)

Aco

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2012, 06:48:16 PM »

Hi Aco,

no it doesn't matter what email address they will use for registration, so you can use your referral installer. But I recommend to rather not registering with bogus email and ask the user to register itself immediately in the 30-day trial period. Now the registrations are attached to creation of avast! account.

Thx
Martin

You'd be surprised how many people don't know how to do a simple thing as register Avast :)
I used to leave it to them to register when I started, and many would call me 30 days later to ask what to do cause their antivirus "expired". Weird thing is that many of them never run a scan either, even though I tell to everyone to run a full scan once a month.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2012, 08:43:33 PM »
Aco, you're not the first that ask for automatic registration...
The best things in life are free.

HDW38

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2012, 11:11:06 PM »
Hi!

Since years I'm helping seniors in handling a computer concerning OS, AV- and other SW. I'm a senior too and I think this offer comes too late for me.
On about 20 computers I installed 'avast Free' including registratation and everybody is still satisfied with it. What more can I do?

HDW38

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2012, 01:44:07 AM »
I think this offer comes too late for me.
Me too... I've recommended so much avast! that lasts very few friends to earn it :)

blakenz

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2012, 05:43:36 AM »
Excellent idea!

Offline Vladimyr

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Super(massive black hole) Poster
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2012, 12:27:05 PM »
I think this offer comes too late for me.
Me too... I've recommended so much avast! that lasts very few friends to earn it :)
Me three! Though I doubt I've made anywhere near as many recommendations as Tech.
There is a way that seems right to a man,
       but in the end it leads to death
.” - Proverbs 16:25

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2012, 07:49:42 PM »
Vladimyr, we, old ones, always think we come late... Maybe the staff discover a new way to reward us, the old ones :)