Author Topic: Recommend avast! and get Internet Security for free  (Read 250302 times)

snitch567

Re: Recommend avast! and get Internet Security for free
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2012, 03:24:39 PM »
not working for me i got 2 friends to use this and it still says 0 friends :(

gery

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2012, 05:56:07 PM »
i am thinking of coming back to Avast myself as for years been off . Been using AVAST IS for one year . It expired and i did not renew . I have been constantly given other AV or IS pro licenses from friend but never AVAST. There have been 3 to 6 months free licenses but i hate this king of installations with warnings types such as ( 5 more months and you will be without protection . renew as soon as possible. )
Long story short. I liked Avast back in the 4*** edition ( all were very cool back then)
I will install it tonight on my new computer and see if i can get myself convinced to keep it . Avira is giving me a hard time lately and AVG has let me down too. Lets see. At all cases i have been installing AVAST on friends or recommended it occasionally .
Sincerely Gery

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2012, 01:24:23 AM »
Welcome back    gery :)
The best things in life are free.

gery

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2012, 06:55:47 PM »
thanx
PS ;by the way i find it a little resource hungry on my old computer  2g ram 
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 06:58:22 PM by gery »

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2012, 07:13:50 PM »
i am thinking of coming back to Avast myself as for years been off . Been using AVAST IS for one year . It expired and i did not renew . I have been constantly given other AV or IS pro licenses from friend but never AVAST. There have been 3 to 6 months free licenses but i hate this king of installations with warnings types such as ( 5 more months and you will be without protection . renew as soon as possible. )
Long story short. I liked Avast back in the 4*** edition ( all were very cool back then)
I will install it tonight on my new computer and see if i can get myself convinced to keep it . Avira is giving me a hard time lately and AVG has let me down too. Lets see. At all cases i have been installing AVAST on friends or recommended it occasionally .
Sincerely Gery

Well the one certainty in life is all things will change. ;) :)
I've found the road of transition since version 4 kind of enlightening.,.,,,security wise I mean. 8)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 07:16:03 PM by schmidthouse »

gery

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2012, 09:55:50 PM »

Well the one certainty in life is all things will change. ;) :)
I've found the road of transition since version 4 kind of enlightening.,.,,,security wise I mean.
i don't get the point of this but it is not a problem

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2012, 05:49:44 PM »
Charlie and I have probably converted a few thousand users but,
That's not what the promotion is all about.  ;D
How many of your Facebook friends can you convert to avast! ???
(You're also giving avast access to your account and privileges.
(Not a problem for me but might be for others.)
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2012, 10:22:01 AM »
Just curious - if the file downloaded from the special link is used twice (to install avast on two PC's) I will see two recommendations or it should be downloaded each time for one install?  :)

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2012, 10:07:19 AM »
Just curious - if the file downloaded from the special link is used twice (to install avast on two PC's) I will see two recommendations or it should be downloaded each time for one install?  :)

Hi YLAP,

no you don't have to download twice. You can download just once and then install on how many machines you want. The machines must be live of course ;-)

REDACTED

« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2012, 03:16:31 PM »
Nice to read that avast! is using a (recommendation Program;)
Quote from: MartinZ
p.s. other languages will follow soon, so far English only..
On a Dutch forum where I give some unofficial support I placed a Dutch message about the program.
http://www.pcwebplus.nl/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=213&t=8530

« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 03:44:25 PM by Angel@ »

jeannet

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2013, 11:24:48 PM »
I'm one of the "old ones" too.  When I recommend avast to anyone they all say they are satisfied with the other ant :-\ :-\ivirus program they already use.
My free year is expiring very soon.  Is there any way I can extend or renew for free? 

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2013, 03:12:21 AM »
This is a new initiative and you would have to qualify as per the instructions in the first post and throughout this topic.

I don't know what you mean by your free year, if you mean you have the avast free version, then you are able to renew it when the time comes for free. You start to get a reminder when you have 28 days or less to go the GUI > Maintenance > Registration section changes to allow you to renew.

If it is the avast Internet Security (AIS) you are talking about, then that can only be achieved by qualification requirement in post 1.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2013, 06:59:56 PM »
Any news about the winners?
The best things in life are free.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2013, 08:06:40 PM »
Any news about the winners?

Winners..?? ???
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Sparxx

« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2013, 08:49:37 PM »
I guess i'm one of those )) though I think in a week or two I will make it to 3 years ))