Author Topic: Avast! delete my tcpip.sys  (Read 44194 times)

KanatBy

Re: Avast! delete my tcpip.sys
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2012, 12:43:43 PM »
Thank's
So, how to fix problem???? I have't internet conections
1 I had recovered tcpip.sys from file c:\windows\system32\tcpip.copy, just copy and rename to tcpip.sys
next step:
2 reinstall tcp ip protocol in properties of local area network connection, common\press install button, choose protocol \install from disk\ choose path c:\windows\inf press ok and choose tcp ip internet protocol, reboot system

if you set tcpip.sys in avast settings as exclusion its dosnt help, avast keep on blocking tcpip.sys but will not delete it. when warning about infections apeared, choose ignore and mark never ask again. Then wait for next update of avast.
sorry for my english, i am from ukreaine :)
Good Luck

teknobass

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2012, 12:47:24 PM »
Instead of reinstalling the TCP/IP protocol, you also could  open a command prompt (start -> run -> cmd.exe [enter]) and type at the commandprompt "netsh int ip reset c:\reset.log"

bstambolija

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2012, 01:00:13 PM »
Windows restore will do the work

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2012, 01:12:44 PM »
Guys, were those detections caused by an on-demand (i.e. manual) scan, or rather by a shield?

If it was a shield, could someone please open the file
c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AVAST Software\Avast\report\FileSystemShield.txt
search for the relevant entry about tcpip.sys (should be somewhere at the bottom), and paste here the few lines (the detection, plus the subsequent action(s) on the next line)?
Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 02:17:06 PM by igor »

josalmon561

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2012, 01:18:19 PM »
I found a free tool to recover TCPIP.SYS:
http://greatis.com/unhackme/tcpip-sys-restore.htm
It's worked for me.

Offline N@URINE

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2012, 02:12:20 PM »
I had the same problem yesterday. I solved it by system restoration.
NourinE

MiguelAngelMx

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2012, 07:50:21 PM »
So, how to fix problem???? I have't internet conections
1 I had recovered tcpip.sys from file c:\windows\system32\tcpip.copy, just copy and rename to tcpip.sys
next step:
2 reinstall tcp ip protocol in properties of local area network connection, common\press install button, choose protocol \install from disk\ choose path c:\windows\inf press ok and choose tcp ip internet protocol, reboot system

if you set tcpip.sys in avast settings as exclusion its dosnt help, avast keep on blocking tcpip.sys but will not delete it. when warning about infections apeared, choose ignore and mark never ask again. Then wait for next update of avast.
sorry for my english, i am from ukreaine :)
Good Luck

Thank you so much hayshays, I followed you steps and works for me. Just that I don't have the tcpip.copy, and I find it here http://sysfiles-download.com

now all works fine

Nando_lavras

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2012, 09:42:30 PM »
When the update is live???? I work in a ISP and today is a total caos, many, many machines with the tcpip.sys deleted by a false positive, correct this quickly!!!!!!!

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2012, 11:42:53 PM »
happened too this morning but I have done a start scan and tcpip.sys was deleted on restored point too.
I had tried to copy tcpip.sys by other computer but now nothing is working:
avast shields desactived and nothing to activate again:repair,reinstall  :-[
and now keyboard is afected => windows blocked when I just use keyboard.
I don't know what I can do ?  :-\

iroc9555

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2012, 11:50:26 PM »

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2012, 01:31:07 AM »
It's ok now , I applied the 2 tools  (recovered tcpip.sys and avastfix.bat).
However I have had to do again a clean install to recovered (I hope) a usefull pc.

intanet

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2012, 09:21:58 AM »
I can't believe the trouble this has cause me (and others).  Took me 3 hours to get back to normal.  I got this Root kit warning for the TCPIP.sys but cause I know it's related to internet connection, I wasn't quick to let Avast delete it.  After an hour of googling the matter and going to the Avast forum (this happened the other day before this thread was started which seems to have helpful information), I finally decided to delete the file but then I lost the internet althogther after a reboot.  I did a system restore and got the file back and was able to connect to the internet and got the toll free number Avast offers and called.  The tech guy told me, after a look at my "Event Viewer" that I had many system errors and that was the cause of the file being reported as a RootKit and that I could select "Ignore" in the Avast drop down list when the warning came up again.
What a drag this was.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 09:29:57 AM by intanet »

ayoubafnakar

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2012, 10:00:56 AM »
Did Avast Fix It In Today Update ? Because After I Format My PC Yesterday I Kept The Auto Update Off ? Is It Safe To Run It On Again Now ?  :o

Nando_lavras

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2012, 11:44:20 AM »
Did Avast Fix It In Today Update ? Because After I Format My PC Yesterday I Kept The Auto Update Off ? Is It Safe To Run It On Again Now ?  :o

Apparently not... we keep getting user complaints today...

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2012, 01:05:46 PM »
Just hang in there and let Avast investigate the problem as it might take a bit long ;)

Edit: Beside I don't have this problem any way because my avast didn't detect my tcpip.sys as a virus because I have XP Pro SP3, so I have no problem at all as mind say it clean.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 01:11:06 PM by SpeedyPC »
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v23.11.6090 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip