Author Topic: Anti-theft installation with update.zip not recognized  (Read 3997 times)

AverageJoe14

Anti-theft installation with update.zip not recognized
« on: October 03, 2012, 05:01:06 PM »
Hello,

I cannot get the antitheft app to install correctly on a SGS I9000 (CM9.1 rooted). The created update.zip file (edify, type 2 for ICS, other methods did not work) is installed without a failure in CWM recovery but is not recognized afterwards in the avast mobile security and does not show up in the app list. I'm using the most recent mobile security app from google play. How can I get anti theft to work in rooted mode? Without out root installation works. I have tried several times to deinstall the mobile security app and reinstall with reboot in between...

Best regards,
AverageJoe14

svehlak

Re: Anti-theft installation with update.zip not recognized
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 05:29:23 PM »
Is the direct write mode working?

reinhardholzner

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 07:40:24 PM »
a) as Jan said, doesnt direct write mode work? update.zip is just thought for devices which are NAND protected - samsung phones aren't.
b) please send me the UPDATE.zip file generated + a link to this thread to holzner (at) avast.com

kanumitra

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 04:34:15 AM »
Hi,

The direct mode doesn't work for me. I tried the update.zip mode but that didn't work either. It updates successfully, but avast! doesn't recognize that anti theft has been installed after I boot the phone up.

My phone details are
HTC Desire S, rooted, HTC dev unlocked, s-on. I'm still on the stock rom.

I have installed ClockworkMod recovery though.

Please let me know if you need any further details.

Thanks in advance!

reinhardholzner

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 02:42:35 PM »
what is your issue with direct write?