Author Topic: Thanks  (Read 2366 times)

Crendon

Thanks
« on: December 12, 2012, 10:58:55 PM »
I started using Avast Free several years ago, when it had the old dark radio front, then tried several other free progs before ending up with MSE. I then discovered the current Avast 7 free a few weeks ago and am totally smitten with it. I just wanted to say a general thanks the all the guys who have spent time and money developing and improving this free Av over the years. It is really appreciated by pensioner guys like me on limited income  :)
PS : I also love the sexy voice of the female when it updates   :-*

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Thanks
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 12:43:30 AM »
Well, it was a long journey but we're quite happy and proud on how we get here :)
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 01:07:22 AM »
Yes many loved the wacky media interface/skin, though there were many detractors also. I had several skins that I liked unfortunately I didn't save any images of them.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 01:17:00 AM »
Hi Crendon,

That must be that special bit that makes us all hanging on here.
Avast always working two ways really - what we will bring to avast...avast will bring us!

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!