Author Topic: Unable to uninstall Anti-Theft  (Read 22016 times)

reinhardholzner

Re: Unable to uninstall Anti-Theft
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2012, 02:34:22 PM »
why dont you just install avast! Mobile Security and use the removal wizard to uninstall Anti-Theft. Thats the easiest way.

danisanda

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2013, 04:23:13 PM »
I tried that one 2 times  :-\

reinhardholzner

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2013, 02:28:35 PM »
what happened when you tried uninstall wizard?

FlanMaster

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2014, 03:47:20 PM »
This is way late I know, but I am posting for the benefit of anyone who might happen on this thread as I did.

I had to uninstall avast mobile security from my old android phone because it was slowing my phone down too much.  I forgot about the extra security it had installed when I first got mobile security. but here is what I found.

1)IF avast is installed through rooted, you can use the uninstall wizard,

2)f not, you have to uninstall the "disguised" app that installs with the unrooted install.  I understand that it gives a different name for each device on installation, or perhaps it has a set of names. In my case it was "rdp bridge"

since my device was unrooted at install (I waited until after warranty was over to root), I did not have the option of using the "uninstall wizard" that is "built in" to the app. 

I had to"

1) uninstall avast through the app manager
2) uninstall the "disguised security app ("RDP bridge") through the app manager.

I assume you will have to know/remember the name it gives the hidden app to find it.

I chose to use titanium backup to uninstall.

This freed up my space and stopped the rest of the resource hogging that avast seems to do on my older device.

I hope this helps anyone who comes across this in the future.