Author Topic: Infected with avast! please help  (Read 8935 times)

AvastKillsMe

Re: Infected with avast! please help
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2012, 09:39:26 PM »
I'm using the tcpip included with the avast fix as automatically installed, but I also tried with another one I got from my brother from a XP computer. They both do the same thing, the same nothing that is.

All that repair everything stuff scares the heck out of me. I put a lot of effort into getting my computer the way I want it so I'm going to try only a few of those boxes at a time to avoid undoing my work.

Thanks again essexboy for sticking with me and helping me out. I'll make a new post tomorrow to let you know what happened or in a few hours if it works.

AvastKillsMe

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2012, 12:59:27 PM »
The system file check opened a window from windows that told me to put the windows XP CD I don't have into the CD drive that isn't on my computer over and over and over, so that didn't help me at all.

I ran the repairs you said other then the safe mode repair, it boots into safe mode now so I'm not going to touch that one sorry. During the repairs the "(program) has encounter a problem and needs to close" window popped up over and over for ever repair (picture included). Still no change.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2012, 03:56:00 PM »
Download and run farbar service scanner

Tick "All" options.
Press "Scan".
It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.

Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

AvastKillsMe

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2012, 05:51:50 PM »
Here ya go.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2012, 06:45:56 PM »
BITS Service is not running. Checking service configuration:
The start type of BITS service is set to Demand. The default start type is Auto.
Could you set BITS service to auto please

If that does not work I have had reasonable success with this programme

Download the ESET services repair tool, extract the file to your desktop.
  • Double-click ServicesRepair.exe.
  • If security notifications appear, click Continue or Run and then click Yes when asked if you want to proceed.
  • Once the tool has finished, you will be prompted to restart your computer. Click Yes to restart.
  • A log will be saved in the CCSupport folder the tool created on your desktop, please post the content in your next reply.
Next please run FSS again.

AvastKillsMe

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2012, 02:05:22 PM »
I don't want windows updates. The last 2 times I used them it messed up my computer really bad so I'll only use windows updates as a last resort.

There's been a change now but nothing to do with the internet. I think it was after I used the "Tweaking.com" windows repair the computer started shutting down and starting up very slow and running very poorly.

I've getting close to giving up on this.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2012, 02:15:27 PM »
I can not see why it is not running as all files and registry keys are correct and in the right place

An option is to run a repair install ..  This will replace the windows files and registry settings only.  Personal stuff will not be touched 

AvastKillsMe

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2012, 05:23:46 PM »
How will I do a repair install without a windows cd or a cd-drive?

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2012, 08:11:01 PM »
OK lets create a bootable USB drive with XP on it

Download the following files to the desktop .. Right click the links and select save as...then select desktop 

Iso2disc
XPSP2 iso

Insert the USB stick Then run ISO2disc 

Select the ISO file on the desktop, select Burn to USB Flash Drive .
Press Start Burn

You now have windows on a stick

REPAIR INSTALL

There is a step by step guide here http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/topic/138-how-to-repair-windows-xp/

SaraWW

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2012, 11:01:47 PM »
I just scanned my C partition on windows xp, and these are the results:

for both

C:\Documents And Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp\_avast_\unp192670847.tmp
( Status: Threat: Win32:Shutdowner-BM [Trj] )

and

C:\Documents And Settings\All Users\Application Data\4B7788ED-BF55-41B7-98EO-92442036B28E}\OFFLINE\mFileBagIDE.dll\bag\FFToolbar.xpi|>components\SmileyCore.dll
( Status: Threat: Win32: Malware-gen )

Severity is high. What are they, and why does it say: " _avast_\unp192670847.tmp " ?

11 other directories that are also located at ( C:\Documents And Settings\All Users\Application Data\4B7788ED-BF55-41B7-98EO-92442036B28E}\OFFLINE\ ) could not be opened because they are archives password protected.
I tried to repair the files but it couldn't be done, what do I do? This is the first time Avast! managed to do the scan to the end. Earlier, it would detect some threats, but at some point every running task would stop responding before the scan was finished. I haven't experienced any other issues except the blue screen, but I guess that has to do something with hardware. What do I do next?

Thank you  :)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2012, 11:16:03 PM »
What do I do next?

Please start your own new topic.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0