Consumer Products > Avast EasyPass

What is the procedure for transferring EasyPass from one computer to another?

(1/3) > >>

kls490:
Good evening everyone,

A friend of mine is getting me a refurbished Dell Optiplex 755 desktop computer running Win 7 Pro, 64-bit.  My present computer is a Dell running Win XP Pro, 32-bit.

Is there a specific procedure for transferring my Avast EasyPass from this Win XP 32-bit machine to the new Win 7 64-bit computer?  I didn't see anything in the FAQ section that seems to answer this question.

Thanks very much for your time and any info!

DJBone:
Just install it and connect with your EasyPass Account.

DJBone

kls490:
I appreciate the info, DJBone!

Sorry for the late reply.  Cox Communications email service has been down since Friday afternoon along the east coast here, so I don't receive any alerts when someone replies to any of my posts.

Best wishes for a nice holiday season!

DJBone:
You're welcome! :)

--- Quote from: spc3rd on December 16, 2012, 08:32:08 PM ---Best wishes for a nice holiday season!

--- End quote ---
Same to you!

DJBone

kls490:
[UPDATE]:

Unfortunately, I was unable to re-install EasyPass on this Win 7 computer.  For some reason, EasyPass will not sync, and doesn't seem to be able to connect to the servers.  When I spoke with tech support, they said it would cost $99.99 for a tech to connect remotely to my machine to fix the problem.  Not going to happen, I replied.

It seems this is an ongoing problem when a user of any of Avast's PAID products needs tech support...they keep trying to charge you for any help.  I certainly will not be using EasyPass any longer.   :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version