Author Topic: Multiple Pop accounts  (Read 3114 times)

cjbage

Multiple Pop accounts
« on: September 11, 2003, 11:56:48 PM »
Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me, I have installed the new version of Avast and ran the Mail protection Wizard, I use Incredimail and Have it set up to receive both my ISp mail account and the mail accounts from Ukonline, is there any way that you can set it up to scan both of these, for Ukonline you use their POP3 for incoming and your own ISp for outgoing mail.
I hope this is clear enough and any help is greatly appreciated.
cindy

Offline vojtech

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
    • ALWIL Software
Re:Multiple Pop accounts
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2003, 12:26:23 PM »
for Ukonline you use their POP3 for incoming and your own ISp for outgoing mail.

Maybe I did not understand this properly.

If you start the 'Mail Protection Wizard', choose 'Set up the protection manually', you will see all your accounts. If you check them all, avast will scan every incoming and outgoing mail from these accounts.

cjbage

Re:Multiple Pop accounts
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2003, 12:42:43 PM »
Hi thanks for reply, when you us Ukonline mail accts, you set it up a little different than regular ISP internet provided accounts, the pop (incoming server) is ukonline, the out going is your Isp, when I went to set it up it asked only for a default acct, in this case my Isp, only my incoming isn't the ISP,
Thanks again, I don't think I am going to be using this product, anymore it seems to get more confusing with more updates. the prior version I had no real problems with, then this and I couldn't get any mail until I deleted it from my system and installed a different one, even though I really liked Avast, having to go in and reconfigure accounts just to get it to work just isn't for a layman like me.