Author Topic: Website Blocking Message/Email Footer Message  (Read 3982 times)

Rstrat2000

Website Blocking Message/Email Footer Message
« on: December 29, 2012, 09:21:34 PM »
I have 2 questions,

Is there anything that can be done that when an email comes into outlook a footer message can be added to say something like, this email has been scanned by Avast?

2nd, i have blocked a few pages on my computer and when going to those pages it comes up with the standard message saying this has been blocked. Is there anyway to change the content on that page and if so what file is it under?

I am on Avast home edition and working on Windows 7

Many thanks,

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Website Blocking Message/Email Footer Message
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 09:25:25 PM »
Is there anything that can be done that when an email comes into outlook a footer message can be added to say something like, this email has been scanned by Avast?
this has been removed from latest versions as it give a false sence of security....if a mail is infected avast will sure tell you

2nd, i have blocked a few pages on my computer and when going to those pages it comes up with the standard message saying this has been blocked. Is there anyway to change the content on that page and if so what file is it under?
dont understand the question....

Rstrat2000

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 09:28:21 PM »
Thanks for answering my first question,

I have blocked some webpages through Avast, when i go to the blocked website it comes up with the message:

avast! has blocked access to the site (based on a user-defined list of blocked URLs).

is there anyway of changing this?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 09:29:48 PM »
change what....remove it from blocking?
or do you mean the displayed block txt?

Rstrat2000

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 09:31:12 PM »
change the blocking text

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 09:33:13 PM »
change the blocking text
do not know.....but i will ask around, check back later   ;)

Rstrat2000

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 09:39:12 PM »
Thank you very much, i have searched hi and low on Google but cannot find anything and i have also gone through the Avast program files but cannot find anything

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2012, 10:18:20 PM »
I don't believe there is a means of easily changing it. I believe the page is compiled by the web shield and takes into consideration the site blocked details, image1.

So there will be a boilerplate template into which the site information would be placed, image2. Now it is probably possible to change that htm page if you are competent enough, but avast protects its files (self-defence module) and also does integrity checks during updates so any changed file may well be replaced.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security