Author Topic: stolen phone sim card change and number text  (Read 14980 times)

trustonlyone

Re: stolen phone sim card change and number text
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2012, 12:49:52 PM »
i wish i would have known about linking the cell too an avast account on the web.

binhvirile

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2012, 01:08:15 PM »
Yes, you can remote your phone via avast! Web Portal at my.avast.com.
Btw, today I've just checked the Location commands in avast! Web Portal but I do not receive the location (the information on the web says that commands had been send to the phone).

trustonlyone

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2012, 01:18:22 PM »
oh well i guess that wouldn't have helped me then. Next time i will pair this program with plan b. But i hope there wont be a next time when it comes to losing my phone. now i just have to refrain from harassing their phone. I'm going to go and sit on my hands to keep me from doing this. I will push for the phone imei to be blacklisted.

reinhardholzner

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2012, 01:19:08 PM »
retry (sometimes Android OS forces app close which we can not avoid) and make sure device has internet connectivity.

Yes, you can remote your phone via avast! Web Portal at my.avast.com.
Btw, today I've just checked the Location commands in avast! Web Portal but I do not receive the location (the information on the web says that commands had been send to the phone).

reinhardholzner

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2012, 01:20:15 PM »
plan b from lookout? depends on which Android version you have. On every version >= Android 2.3.3 plan B will not work anymore.

oh well i guess that wouldn't have helped me then. Next time i will pair this program with plan b. But i hope there wont be a next time when it comes to losing my phone. now i just have to refrain from harassing their phone. I'm going to go and sit on my hands to keep me from doing this. I will push for the phone imei to be blacklisted.

trustonlyone

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2012, 01:23:32 PM »
oh wait if it will be sent to the friend phone then i guess it would work since i have close access to that phone. Plan b worked great with my friend phone gave me the exact address. it's insane. But it wouldn't work for me because who ever stole my phone cut it off. If i remembered avast i could have cut back on the phone and used plan b

trustonlyone

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2012, 01:25:43 PM »
oh I have ICS

binhvirile

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2012, 01:42:50 PM »
retry (sometimes Android OS forces app close which we can not avoid) and make sure device has internet connectivity.
Well, it just happen today. I don't know what is exact reason. The app is still working during this time.
Anw, I still prefer sending SMS :) It is not depend on internet connectivity  ;D

reinhardholzner

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2012, 01:44:01 PM »
thats true. :-)

Well, it just happen today. I don't know what is exact reason. The app is still working during this time.
Anw, I still prefer sending SMS :) It is not depend on internet connectivity  ;D

trustonlyone

« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2012, 07:32:26 PM »
Avast you are awesome. I'm so lucky i installed this program on my cell. I wasn't able to control the phone mostly because i believe i wasn't using the right password. But i was able to get some info on the thief and the new number which made them question what else i know. I text them and told them if they didn't give me back my phone i would contact the cops. They drop the phone off to the place they stole it from! I'm so lucky to have gotten someone who was willing to give it back. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

binhvirile

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2012, 02:09:40 AM »
Avast you are awesome. I'm so lucky i installed this program on my cell. I wasn't able to control the phone mostly because i believe i wasn't using the right password. But i was able to get some info on the thief and the new number which made them question what else i know. I text them and told them if they didn't give me back my phone i would contact the cops. They drop the phone off to the place they stole it from! I'm so lucky to have gotten someone who was willing to give it back. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

That sound great! Congratulations!!  :D

trustonlyone

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2012, 09:30:17 PM »
Thank you :D

reinhardholzner

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2012, 12:46:15 PM »
cool!