Author Topic: some files could not be scanned  (Read 3052 times)

Alicia82

some files could not be scanned
« on: January 14, 2013, 03:21:58 AM »
Hi, I just ran a full Avast! scan and even though no viruses were found it said "some files could not be scanned." I tried to click on results to see more details but I couldn't get much information...if it helps I've included a screen shot.

Yesterday, due to to the whole Java fiasco, I uninstalled Java using JavaRa. (A program recommended by someone on the Firefox forums.) It seemed to do the job eliminating Java but I had a hard time deleting the actual JavaRa program itself once I was finished. Could that have something to do with the un-scannable files? The last time I ran a full scan (about five days ago), I had no problems.

Also, SuperAntiSpyware and Malware Bytes scans are clear. I'm hoping that the files Avast! couldn't scan are not malicious... o_O

Thanks.

iroc9555

Re: some files could not be scanned
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 03:29:37 AM »
Alicia82.

Those are Avast! files from VPS. Avast! have not done its house cleaning yet by the time you ran the scan. Do not worry.

Alicia82

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 03:33:36 AM »
*phew* Thank you, iroc9555!   :)

iroc9555

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 03:36:24 AM »
*phew* Thank you, iroc9555!   :)

You are welcome. BTW to remove JavaRA you only have to delete the folder you opened the zip in.  ;)

Alicia82

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 03:47:57 AM »
I tend to over-complicate things. :P
I think I right-clicked on the JavaRa icon and hit delete...somehow I ended up losing my recycle bin by doing that. (It's back though!) :D

iroc9555

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 03:57:35 AM »
You know now. Download the ZIP to a folder and extract the files there. Run the .exe and when finish just delete the folder.  :)

Alicia82

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 04:02:41 AM »
Will do! Thanks again for everything. This is a fabulous forum- help is always fast and delivered in a way that even I can understand. :D