Author Topic: How to add my avast free antivirus to a old avast account?  (Read 5854 times)

Prozen

How to add my avast free antivirus to a old avast account?
« on: December 19, 2012, 05:05:03 AM »
Dear Sir

I have been using avast for a few years, so i have already avast account. I reinstalled my operating system, in this way I also installed avast in my new OS. After the installation I tried unsuccessfully to connect avast to my old account, using the old account e-mail. In this way I would like to ask if there is any way to connect avast without creating a new account.

Yours faithfully

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: How to add my avast free antivirus to a old avast account?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 05:22:06 AM »
If you talking about signing into an avast account with your license registration email they are two different things, if you would like an avast account then to would have to create an account.

"Note" that you do not have to have an avast account for your avast to function.

Prozen

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 04:35:26 PM »
I understand the fact that I don’t need an avast account to make my anti-virus working properly, although I would like to add my computer to avast account.

The problem remains in the fact that I was unable to connect my anti-virus to avast account using the connect button in the summary tab. When I pressed the connect button a dialog box appears asking me to sign in using Facebook or using my e-mail address, so I inserted my e-mail into the correspondent field and pressed the green button to connect. As soon as I press the green button the dialog box crashes and after waiting a few minutes I end up closing the window using the cross sign in the right top corner.

I think the dialog box crashes because the e-mail I have inserted in the correspondent field is already in use by a preexisting avast account.

How can I add my anti-virus to my preexisting avast account, in order to manage all my devices in a single account?       

HDW38

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 11:14:59 PM »
I understand the fact that I don’t need an avast account to make my anti-virus working properly, although I would like to add my computer to avast account.

The problem remains in the fact that I was unable to connect my anti-virus to avast account using the connect button in the summary tab. When I pressed the connect button a dialog box appears asking me to sign in using Facebook or using my e-mail address, so I inserted my e-mail into the correspondent field and pressed the green button to connect. As soon as I press the green button the dialog box crashes and after waiting a few minutes I end up closing the window using the cross sign in the right top corner.

I think the dialog box crashes because the e-mail I have inserted in the correspondent field is already in use by a preexisting avast account.

How can I add my anti-virus to my preexisting avast account, in order to manage all my devices in a single account?     

Hi Prozen!

At the moment you can do nothing. I've the same problem since weeks. So, we'll wait and see.

HDW38

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 11:37:10 PM »
Have you tried to go to "my.avast.com"? Try this and "not" clicking on the link in the GUI.  :)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

HDW38

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2012, 11:42:20 AM »
Have you tried to go to "my.avast.com"? Try this and "not" clicking on the link in the GUI.  :)

Hi Para-Noid!

I did several times. But clicking on Add new devices, then there comes the avast download-site to download free, pro or IS!
Edit: change install to download.

HDW38
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 11:45:22 AM by HDW38 »

Prozen

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 12:32:14 AM »

I have already tried that too, I had actually tried to uninstall avast and download avast from the button “add new devices” in the control panel of “my.avast.com” and install it again, but I was still unable to add my computer to my preexisting “my.avast.com” account.

It seems that is actually a problem from the interface, so if there is any developer reading this please consider fixing this issue.

Thank you for helping me guys.

ruffe

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2012, 08:52:39 PM »
Hi forum,
I´ve the same problem on two computers. With a trial version of "internet security" and with free antivirus. If I click on the button to add add the installation to my existing avast-account, the window seems to be frozen.
I´ve analyzed the communication with wireshark on both sides (avm-dsl router and PC). Its always the same. After the session setup (handshake), the client sends with the tcp-packet 4 a pair-check to the server (unencrypted?). With the next three packets the server terminates the session. Thats it.
For me it looks like a BUG in the software, due to the https session. In the attachment there is my monitored session shown.
I think, we have to wait for a bugfix...
kind regards
Norbert