Author Topic: Google Chrome App Store.Trying to download an app Avast! wont let Mii Need Help!  (Read 3930 times)

sekaya c

>:( :'( I need help ASAP!!! HAVE TO FINISH ONLINE EVALUATIONS FOR JOB AND A DOWNLOAD IS MUST TO FINISH AND I CANT!!! DO TO MESSAGE: Package is invalid. Details:' could not create directory for unzipping:'C:\avast! sandbox\S-1-5-21-416364448-3651938911-3992838049-.... PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!! :-\

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
capital letters in forum is considered screaming.   :(

did you try turn off the sandbox before downloading?

sekaya c

capital letters in forum is considered screaming.   :(

did you try turn off the sandbox before downloading?

:( i am screaming!! im about to cry as well...
yes i turned off the sandbox. i restarted computer n now it is working.
bt i now my question is since sandbox is off how is that goin to affect my computer? is it going to b more vernable to viruses!?? if so is there a way to keep it on bt also b able to download what i want even id sandbox dosent agree???
bt thank you for your help.... :-\

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
The purpose of the autosandbox is to run suspicious files/software in a virtual environment before turning it loose on a users pc.
As far as virus protection you do not need the autosandbox as you have plenty of resident protection.
You may want to consider setting the autosandbox to "ask".  :)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.