Author Topic: Driver in Virus Chest, need help  (Read 3460 times)

Uncletg

Driver in Virus Chest, need help
« on: December 21, 2012, 03:13:33 AM »
New Here and think I screwed up my first attempt at a post. I apologize if duplicate. I did try to search for fix but did not find instructive topic.

Avast 7.0.1474 Ver. 121220-1 (Up to date)

Problem is: ever since the following files were moved to my virus chest I have had device manager error 41 and have been unable to repair. I am not given the option to "Restore" these files in Avast, it is grayed out.

Files in Virus Chest:
C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\ELhid.sys
C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\ELmou.sys
C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\ELmon.sys

I have tried all of the MicroSoft KB articles, and all the web suggestions for the error. I have tried numerous registry cleaners and even a driver updater. I have uninstalled\updated\rolled all associated drivers and then some I'm sure. I need to know how to get these files out of my virus chest and back to original path. I know if you restore you will see a copy in the virus chest... cannot restore, the option is grayed out. This may not be my entire problem but it is awfully suspicious that the drivers in the chest relate to mouse, monitor and hid devices....

All assistance is sincerely appreciated,

T.

Offline mikaelrask

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: Driver in Virus Chest, need help
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 08:52:24 AM »
Windows 8.1 amd a10-5700 64 bit
12 GB ram 1 tb hard drive. Avast 18, MBAM

Uncletg

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 08:58:07 PM »
Thank you for the link, unfortunately it did not work because the "Restore" menu item is grayed out (not possible to click on).

I would appreciate any other suggestions,

T.

Gailbloom

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 05:28:38 AM »
I've been having the same issue, the files C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\ELhid.sys, C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\ELmou.sys
C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\ELmon.sys were moved to the virus chest and my mouse and keyboard stopped working. The restore option is also greyed out. Help please.