Author Topic: False Positive with every boot scan.  (Read 2214 times)

kailash

False Positive with every boot scan.
« on: December 25, 2012, 07:52:32 AM »
With the first false positive I followed instructions from Avast and deleted it and my computer lost all internet. Anyway to cut along story short, I went back to the last restore point and pc worked fine. However when I now right click on this file in the virus chest I cannot restore it. The restore option is faded out. I am scared to delete it because of what happened last time. But because the restore point restored the file, does that mean I can delete it from virus chest.
I mean what happens if I uninstall Avast, where does the stuff in the virus chest go then?

Offline mikaelrask

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: False Positive with every boot scan.
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 08:29:09 AM »
hey. I'm not sure but i think if you uninstall avast every file will go missing even the files in the chest. but I'm not 100% sure on the files in the chest but i can think so.

back to topic :D what file does the boot scan comes up with that is a false threat? if you have the file in the chest you can from there report it as a false threat so avast can correct that.
Windows 8.1 amd a10-5700 64 bit
12 GB ram 1 tb hard drive. Avast 18, MBAM

kailash

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 09:08:10 AM »
if you have the file in the chest you can from there report it as a false threat so avast can correct that.

Yes, I've been a good Avast member and done that. So I guess a reinstall is in the works when the next program update/Avast 8 comes along.

Offline DJBone

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2012, 09:11:34 AM »
hey. I'm not sure but i think if you uninstall avast every file will go missing even the files in the chest. but I'm not 100% sure on the files in the chest but i can think so.
You're right: the chest will be deleted by uninstalling avast.

With the first false positive I followed instructions from Avast and deleted it and my computer lost all internet.
Never delete a possible malware found. Move it to the chest should be your first choice. The reason why you have seen... ;)

DJBone
Win10 x64, APS (always latest version)
Avast Mobile Security (always latest version)

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2012, 12:19:54 PM »