Author Topic: Anti Theft not registered .. HELP !!!!!  (Read 3178 times)

Corrine01

Anti Theft not registered .. HELP !!!!!
« on: December 26, 2012, 12:41:04 PM »
Please, if anyone can help I would be very grateful. I have avast anti theft installed on my phone and I phone was stolen today. I have tried to log into the Avast web site to track my phone but keeps saying my username is incorrect. So I registered again but cant find anywhere to connect with mmy phone. What do I do?

Offline patrice58

• Advanced Poster
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Anti Theft not registered .. HELP !!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 01:48:33 AM »
Sorry to hear about your phone have you set up a friends mobile that can send commands to your phone?
Vista Home Premium 32 bit (user account) CISC 4.1.150349.920 + CAV (On Access) + Sandbox,V-Engine 2.7.0.37, SpywareBlaster 4.3, SAS (free), a-squared (free) MBAM (free) Finjan Secure Browsing, Windows Defender (scanner only), Zemana AntiLogger 1.9.2.206,

binhvirile

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 10:10:04 AM »
Please, if anyone can help I would be very grateful. I have avast anti theft installed on my phone and I phone was stolen today. I have tried to log into the Avast web site to track my phone but keeps saying my username is incorrect. So I registered again but cant find anywhere to connect with mmy phone. What do I do?
Hello Corrine,
It is not a good sound that your phone has been stolen.
First of all, please make sure that you have an account already and you have typed your Avast! Account correctly. Has your phone device been registered to your account before?
Besides, AntiTheft provides remote control via SMS Commands. You can send SMS to your lost phone number from any phone number or from your friend number (your friend number you provided in AntiTheft, in case you only allow receiving SMS from this one).
Regards,

Binh

Offline Werner

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 04:27:42 PM »
Hello,

in your case I really recommend to
a) try to contact your phone using SMS commands
b) ask your "friend" (you specified his number in the anti-theft basic settings) if he received a sim card change SMS. the sender of this number would be the new number you need to send the commands to.

you can find all available commands in our manual:

http://files.avast.com/files/documentation/mobile-security-user-guide-en.pdf
it will help you understand the basics of the software.
give it a try - it's short and easy to understand.

99% of all questions asked are also already answered in the FAQ
https://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=1034&nav=0&group=eng