Author Topic: Avast Crashes at the End of the Setup?!  (Read 1964 times)

damca

Avast Crashes at the End of the Setup?!
« on: December 24, 2012, 07:12:16 PM »
Well, I've been using Avast for about 7 years? And today I reinstalled my computer and wanted to Install Avast Free, Soo I downloaded free version and went custom Install, Selected my language and started the setup, When the setup was at the finish (Finishing setup..) the computer crashed and restarted it self?! Now, I can't fire up shields nor I can't reinstall or remove Avast from system! NOTE: This happened before when I reinstalled my system (1year ago)..

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Avast Crashes at the End of the Setup?!
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 08:50:25 PM »
how did you reinstall.....do you mean using a factory recovery CD or partition and setting it back to factory specc

damca

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2012, 07:07:32 PM »
Nvm.. Yesterday after 2hours of nothing, I remembered system restore option, so I restored the computer to earlier time when Avast wasn't installed. Installed AVG now, Thanks anyways.
PS.. But 7 years of using Avast.. :(

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2012, 07:30:15 PM »
if you restored to a previous time when avast was not installed....but another AV was installed, then this must be uninstalled before you try to install avast

never install multiple AV...
always remove previous used AV before installing a new...
it is recomended to run the vendors removal tool so all leftover files that may conflict are gone...

you find those tools here  http://singularlabs.com/uninstallers/security-software/