Author Topic: AVAST-NEXTWAY SCAMMED ME OF MY MONEY-$29.99?  (Read 30694 times)

davidsahel

AVAST-NEXTWAY SCAMMED ME OF MY MONEY-$29.99?
« on: December 28, 2012, 12:26:10 PM »
Hi
(SEE ATTACHED Payment screenshot)
If AVAST and its Pay colector are Not Scammers--pls prove me wrong
I paid for Avast pro antivirus-order 14011812--Dec. 4 2012--to NEXTWAYSOFT $29.99)
Through my bank acct VISA-DEBIT Card-7424xxx-xxx-0831
From Bank Acct-66xxx83
email-davidsahel@gmail.com

I refused to send my personal info and expected MY REFUND-
Since then--NO REFUND
Can you prove you are not scanmming me?
Send my refund
I sent several msgs to Support--they closed it as SOLVED without my refund.
I will take this case further if not refunded
Pls see below
David

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: AVAST-NEXTWAY SCAMMED ME OF MY MONEY-$29.99?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 12:39:43 PM »
I don't see any license with that specific e-mail in our system. Where exactly have you done the purchase?
I can see a reseller called "nexway" - but if that's where you purchased the license, my guess is you would need to contact them - because we didn't get any of your info or charge your money in that case (i.e. we can't perform the refund), they did.

davidsahel

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 01:15:52 PM »
Igor
We are not that stupid as you approved and KNOW and APPROVED your resellers-(this is not JUST an ebook we are buying here -its a security software)-So why dont you do both of us a favour and contact your nextway people as they are now also ruining your reputation
I did NOT Buy from nextway site-I bought from avast site--One of your staff already told me that nextway is YOUR Payment gateway--just like paypal

Thanks
David

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 01:29:30 PM »
Well, I'm not from the sales department, so I really don't know much about nextway (and I kinda doubt that they're our "gateway", but I may be wrong).
So my suggestion is to contact sales@avast.com - they should be able to help you (more).

[And yes, resellers are approved - but the proxy communication, especially during this time of year, might certainly take some time - that's why I thought it might be faster to contact them yourself.]

Offline jadinolf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 06:33:03 AM »
Looks like the company name is Nexway.

Google knows them.
printed on 100% recycled bytes

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 05:18:16 AM »
They just hit me for 49.99 for an unapproved renewal. I am attempting to fight this but Avast should be ashamed to resort to this type of shoddy reseller crap.
Eugene Simpson

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2014, 06:10:42 AM »
Literally hundreds of complaints against Nextway Software as scam artist. They are sending emails that look like they are from Avast and they are using automatic renewal to bill your debit or credit cards.How they got that since the only one who would have that info is AVAST. Link below shows multiple cases of the same pattern of abuse and scam.

http://www.scambook.com/search/reports?search=nexway

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2015, 04:28:59 AM »
I appear to have the same issue, I bought my licence direct from Avast last year, and then this year have been charged by Nexway. I would have less of an issue with a repeat charge I didn't authorize if it wasn't for the fact that my licence still ran out and no new one has been provided.

It worries me that you claim to be unsure of them yet they are listed on your own site as related to you in some way https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB24#artTitle

I contact support and they tell me they are unable to verify any new purchases with my account, I try to contact nexway directly and they only reply with contact the seller instead, neither you nor nexway seem to have any idea why I was charged £29.99 it seems.

Thankfully it was through paypal, so I will shortly be contacting them, and retrieve the money. For an internet security company this is awful business practice.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2015, 05:13:05 AM »
This topic was started and responded too over 2 years ago.
Now just to add some information.

I recently renewed my Premier License via the GUI store and the Transaction service provider was NexwaySoftware.com
Once I located the "auto renewal" information link on the top left corner of the transaction order, I unchecked the box (as Auto Renewal in most cases is by DEFAULT) you have to uncheck auto renewal.
Process completed smoothly, no problems.  :)

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2015, 08:05:41 PM »
I have had the same problem,  payment   has been taken from paypal but no download.  Despite going through the correct  channel on paypal still no refund

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2015, 08:11:39 PM »
I have had the same problem,  payment   has been taken from paypal but no download.  Despite going through the correct  channel on paypal still no refund
report your problem here   https://support.avast.com

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2015, 02:22:17 PM »
Avast Nexway have taken $49.95 from my visa account and i have not recieved any details to downlaod
a security programme
Brenda Atobe
brenda.atone@bigpond.com.au

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2015, 06:45:44 AM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline moroni

• Avast team
  • Poster
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2015, 02:05:08 PM »
Thread from 2012, with the same question over and over... (and its answer).
I'll be locking this thread, if you need help please open a new thread or send a support ticket.