Author Topic: MailWasher w/Avast  (Read 9821 times)

Skyflash

Re: MailWasher w/Avast
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2005, 03:56:34 AM »
What is: Origins of Spam section - sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org ?

I have spamblocker turned on which helps some.  And I have Mail Washer set to bounce my blacklist without me even seeing it.  I only have to blacklist the new spam.

I can't say as I've ever seen an undeliverable bounce message.  I've just assumed email servers wouldn't send an undeliverable message to a bounced address.

I know spammers wouldn't manually clean up their list but if I were a spammer I would think my software would be smart enough to clean up the list for me.  This wouldn't be out of human kindness just sense.  I would rather concentrate my spamming efforts and computing power on 20 Million good addresses than 40 million addresses where half of them bounce. 

The thing that bugs me is that spam would stop completely if it didn't work but there is apparently that 1 in a million dumb arse that falls for it.  We need to kill that guy and then it will stop.

btw, I like your avitar.  Are you a military jumper or was that historical?  I've never riden a T-10 but my 1st jump was on a ParaCommander and my other round was a reserve ride. 

Blue Skies

And why am I a llama?

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: MailWasher w/Avast
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2005, 01:38:38 PM »
All we are doing is giving advice, you option to take it or leave it, but people tire of giving it if it is rammed back down their throats.

You have Mail washer and you ask 'What is Origns of Spam section - Look in Spam Tools and add a new origin - the one I gave you, sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org.

My blacklist has one entry in it as it is a poor method of defeating spam, with forged from addresses they are a moving target and your blacklist just grows and grows making checking it to identify spam longer.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security