Author Topic: So bad! Avast can't detect Perfect Keylogger  (Read 18220 times)

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: So bad! Avast can't detect Perfect Keylogger
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2013, 08:15:11 PM »
It is a legitimate programme that is used (mainly by parents) to track what the kids are doing.  It is only bad if someone puts it on your computer without you knowing.  It is the same rationale behind some toolbars which I would never use, but some people download them intentionally to use i.e. iLivid

true indian

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2013, 04:21:23 AM »
PUP is off for a reason with avast so people are not annoyed with PUP detections...I dont see any reason to change your AV... ::)

Also how and from where you got this keylogger is the question..avast is not on fault anyways since it does detect it  :-\

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2013, 04:40:48 AM »
@alphatran

you are doing a right click scan (scan from windows explorer) ...... but you have not turned on PUP scan for right click ..... did you  ;)

http://malwaretips.com/attachment.php?aid=1238
http://malwaretips.com/attachment.php?aid=1239
http://malwaretips.com/attachment.php?aid=1240

3. I think NO ONE wants their antivirus, on which he/she trusted on to protect private information (message, password, bank account....)  to allow any software like key logger, screen monitor, password crapper.... So Avast Manager and Developers are crazy to have the PUP turn off by default. If your customer knows this, they will remove Avast surely.
all malicious software is detected with default settings....
the one classed as PUP are none malicious.....thats why it is default off

the avast developers have played with malware 24/7 for over 20 years so they know how this works

and this is my last post here.  ::)

« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 05:17:08 AM by Pondus »

true indian

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2013, 04:46:41 AM »
3. I think NO ONE wants their antivirus, on which he/she trusted on to protect private information (message, password, bank account....)  to allow any software like key logger, screen monitor, password crapper.... So Avast Manager and Developers are crazy to have the PUP turn off by default. If your customer knows this, they will remove Avast surely.
all malicious software is detected with default settings....
the one classed as PUP are none malicious.....thats why it is default off

the avast developers have played with malware 24/7 for over 20 years so they know how this works

and this is my last post here.  ::)

If what he said was true its impossible to have 170+ million users and over 190+ million registerations  ;D

alphatran

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2013, 06:25:30 AM »
Thanks again for all,

But it's enough now, I have removed the Avast so I can't test or do anything else with that bad guy. And I am using another, it's perfect in detect Perfect Keylogger whatever from manual scan or real time protection.

An important thing to make me to remove Avast is the way of Avast Team takes a look on what client reports. I have not been in case of this before: instead of listening the idea you are trying with your best to talk out of the true and don't care on the bad thing on front of your face. I think that no western corporate does this!

I'm over the game,

tbint

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2013, 06:42:22 AM »
I don't know from where and when my PC is infected by the key logger above.

How did you find out you had an infection file? If Avast! did not find it. Maybe what ever program did put it there. It has been many years since I went on a virus protection hunt. Can get pretty obsessive the thrill of the hunt. So easy to get caught in the marketing strategy. I know those slick hackers got me. Time to run another Full Scan. I have to trust my Virus Protection. Real time.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2013, 06:49:20 AM »
Your really not listening to what is being explained to you, avast will detect it if you enable pup's but pup's aren't enabled by default because pup's technically aren't malicious ( potentially unwanted program ).

The keylogger you have is a legitimate program as has been explained to you many times and must have been purchased if it is on your system, so who put it on there ???   

true indian

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2013, 06:58:26 AM »
According to the video you are doing a right click and scan where PUP option remains disabled..you need to enable it from avast UI.

Why dont you understand what is being explained to you?  ???

Open AvastUI>>Settings [On top of the UI]>>now enable the special scan option as highlighted in screenshot>>hit ok>>go the scan computer tab>>now you can turn PUP scan ON OR OFF from the UI for right click and scan.

see screenshots...

Thats enough I feel..you are no dumb ass who cant understand simple english.  ::)

This is avast! Help forum not a western co-operate...we are all avast! users who are helping you here.

Again avast does detect and protect you in real time against this keylogger if PUP is On

Even Pondus explained what PUP is and why detection is turned off..because avast cant annoy a lot of their users with detecting vulnerable apps...and WTF all my clients you avast free ;D

Your keylogger is also a legit app...didnt you see the detection on virustotal by kaspersky that flagged it as:
not-a-virus

Again I repeat there is no perfect AV program..you can get infected with any AV around your PC if you are not self cautious  :-[

Its pointless posting here now...your fuss of not listening is just stupid and not acceptable.This is what we are explaining you...So..yes avast will not Turn the PUP option on by default just for a single user and rather turn it on and loss a number of  clients who are annoyed with PUP detections.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 07:10:26 AM by true indian »

webber

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2013, 11:35:48 AM »
I am sorry but it looks like you (Alphatran) do not want to understand it.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 02:08:20 PM by webber »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2013, 12:55:31 PM »
I am sorry but it looks like you do not want to understand it.

What's not to understand (and by whom) ?

Whilst true indian may not have English as a first language. He is saying what others have said, this will be detected if the OP changes the avast settings to scan for PUPs (off by default, other than web shield and boot-time scan), which this is, a Potentially Unwanted Program.

As has been said Perfect Keylogger is a legit program (as onerous as people think keyloggers are, legit or otherwise) and is probably somewhat difficult to install accidentally or unseen. I asked the OP if anyone else had access to this computer, but didn't get an answer.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

true indian

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2013, 04:02:04 PM »
Whilst true indian may not have English as a first language.

Snap! English is my prime language.  ;D