Author Topic: Beta  (Read 83568 times)

Offline tumic

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Beta
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2013, 12:13:29 PM »
Ok, using the new beta (38320).
When launching Chrome, I got a message from avast! about an "Internal error!" ("An internal error occurred...").

Here's the console log:

Code: [Select]
13/02/14 18:30:42 avast![183] event_master_disconnected
13/02/14 18:31:18 avast![835] event_master_disconnected
13/02/14 18:31:23 com.avast.proxy[465] SSL_accept(): EOF
13/02/14 18:32:48 /System/Library/CoreServices/CCacheServer.app/Contents/MacOS/CCacheServer[139] No valid tickets, timing out
13/02/14 18:33:14 kernel CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page(0x1000): p=996[ksadmin] clearing CS_VALID
13/02/14 18:33:14 kernel CODE SIGNING: cs_invalid_page(0x1000): p=998[ksadmin] clearing CS_VALID
13/02/14 18:33:20 com.avast.helper[496] Pop socket closed by peer
13/02/14 18:33:20 com.apple.launchd[1] (com.avast.daemon[445]) Exited with exit code: 1
13/02/14 18:33:20 com.avast.helper[496] Error connecting to master socket: connect(): Connection refused
13/02/14 18:33:33 [0x0-0x2b02b].com.google.Chrome[994] [994:-1213960192:0214/183333:ERROR:rlz.cc(35)] Not implemented reached in bool GoogleUpdateSettings::GetLanguage(string16 *)
13/02/14 18:34:09 avast![1031] event_master_disconnected

Don't know if it's important, but shouldn't be, I uninstalled the avast! Chrome extension after I installed this avast! beta and before launching Chrome.

Looks like an engine crash, do you have a corresponding crash report under "System Diegnostic Reports" in Console?

Offline tumic

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2013, 12:26:48 PM »
I am using Thunderbird 19 and the new Beta posted today and still can't get my mail. I have imported the certificate into both Firefox 19 B6 and Thunderbird. No problems with Firefox, but no mail in Thunderbird. I have a email account IMAP Gmail and a POP account from Verizon.

First, the certificates are now imported automatically to Thunderbird, sou you do not have to do it manually.

If you have imported the certificate from the previous installation to Thunderbird and did not delete it before installing the new beta, than it will not work because the installer will not overwrite the certificate with the correct (current) one. So first delete the certificate from Thunderbird and then install avast!. If you have avast already installed, it should be sufficient to delete the certificate and do a "log out/log in", the correct certificate should be automatically installed.

If you use the correct certificate, it should work. We test the mailshield with Apple Mail, Thunderbird, Sparrow and Postbox on several mail accounts (iCloud, Gmail, hotmail and some other) and have no known issues. If it still does not work, look into the system log file (/var/log/system.log), the new beta has extended logging, so there may be some useful info for us. Your IMAP account setup in Thunderbird would also be usefull for us, maybe You are using some unusual configuration.

Offline specimen9999

« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2013, 01:14:04 PM »
Looks like an engine crash, do you have a corresponding crash report under "System Diegnostic Reports" in Console?

No, I couldn't find any in that location, or anywhere, couldn't find any avast crash report, or any crash report from the corresponding date and time.
In fact if a crash report had been generated it would have popped a window and asked me to send to Apple, which didn't happen.

After the "Internal error!" message the avast icon grayed out and then become black again after a few seconds, I assume it restarted.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 01:16:49 PM by specimen9999 »

Offline joelw135

« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2013, 02:24:14 PM »
I am using Thunderbird 19 and the new Beta posted today and still can't get my mail. I have imported the certificate into both Firefox 19 B6 and Thunderbird. No problems with Firefox, but no mail in Thunderbird. I have a email account IMAP Gmail and a POP account from Verizon.

First, the certificates are now imported automatically to Thunderbird, sou you do not have to do it manually.

If you have imported the certificate from the previous installation to Thunderbird and did not delete it before installing the new beta, than it will not work because the installer will not overwrite the certificate with the correct (current) one. So first delete the certificate from Thunderbird and then install avast!. If you have avast already installed, it should be sufficient to delete the certificate and do a "log out/log in", the correct certificate should be automatically installed.

If you use the correct certificate, it should work. We test the mailshield with Apple Mail, Thunderbird, Sparrow and Postbox on several mail accounts (iCloud, Gmail, hotmail and some other) and have no known issues. If it still does not work, look into the system log file (/var/log/system.log), the new beta has extended logging, so there may be some useful info for us. Your IMAP account setup in Thunderbird would also be usefull for us, maybe You are using some unusual configuration.

OK uninstalled the certificates in Thunderbird and Firefox. Removed Avast. Emptied junk rebooted then re-installed Avast. Started Thunderbird still can't receive mail. I can send but not receive. The activity button keeps turning but no connection. It says at the bottom connected to Gmail IMAP but no luck.

Offline tumic

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2013, 02:53:52 PM »
Ok, and the system log? Are there any com.avast.proxy entries? And what are your IMAP server settings (connection type, authentication type)?

Offline specimen9999

« Reply #65 on: February 15, 2013, 02:57:31 PM »
Ok, and the system log? Are there any com.avast.proxy entries? And what are your IMAP server settings (connection type, authentication type)?

I believe the system log part is related to my post?
If it is, all I could find in the system.log is those lines I posted above.

Offline tumic

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #66 on: February 15, 2013, 03:03:51 PM »

No it was for joelw135, sorry. In your case, the crash report (if any) located in /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ would be helpfull.

Offline specimen9999

« Reply #67 on: February 15, 2013, 03:06:39 PM »
Except there isn't any there related to this event, the latest I have there is from the February 9 and relates to an mds crash.

Offline tumic

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2013, 03:12:48 PM »
Except there isn't any there related to this event, the latest I have there is from the February 9 and relates to an mds crash.

Ok, so it was more likely a "controlled termination", probably related to VPS update that triggered the error popup. This may (but should not) happen,  for example if the VPS update takes too long.

Offline specimen9999

« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2013, 03:16:23 PM »

Ok, so it was more likely a "controlled termination", probably related to VPS update that triggered the error popup. This may (but should not) happen,  for example if the VPS update takes too long.

Hm, I did try to manually update minutes before, but it said I was already using the latest definitions (probably the ones that came with the download, since I installed on the same day you released it).

Offline joelw135

« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2013, 03:29:23 PM »

No it was for joelw135, sorry. In your case, the crash report (if any) located in /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/ would be helpfull.

There are no crash reports at all.

Offline tumic

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2013, 04:18:55 PM »

Looks like its getting a little bit tangled up here... ;-) In your case, I'm interested in the system log entries and the mail account configuration. It is very unlikely, that there will be some crash reports in your case.

Offline joelw135

« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2013, 04:24:54 PM »

Looks like its getting a little bit tangled up here... ;-) In your case, I'm interested in the system log entries and the mail account configuration. It is very unlikely, that there will be some crash reports in your case.

I can't find any system log entries for Avast.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 12:50:09 AM by joelw135 »

Offline specimen9999

« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2013, 11:41:10 PM »

Sorry to interfere (as my interference before caused some confusion), but 2 things:

1 - Are you connecting via a proxy or are there any proxy settings configured in OS X and/or Thunderbird?
2 - You might want to blur at least part of your email addresses on those screenshots for privacy.

Offline joelw135

« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2013, 12:49:20 AM »

Sorry to interfere (as my interference before caused some confusion), but 2 things:

1 - Are you connecting via a proxy or are there any proxy settings configured in OS X and/or Thunderbird?
2 - You might want to blur at least part of your email addresses on those screenshots for privacy.

No proxy in Thunderbird or OSX so I don't know what the problem is. I do use Little Snitch, but I have the network monitor turned off.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 12:58:57 AM by joelw135 »