Author Topic: After downgrade to Free version, SafeZone icon keeps adding itself  (Read 2333 times)

Yoshi2889

Hello!

I just installed Avast! again after using MSE and getting sick of it's limitation in features and long scan times. Much much better now :)

I decided to go and try Internet Security. So I registered and hit the Free Trial of Internet Security button. All nice and working fine.
Internet Security however added only features I don't use; Windows Firewall is good enough for me, SafeZone is cool but a bit overkill for me (Chromium itself is good enough).

So I went back to Free. However before going back, I forgot to disable the auto creation of the SafeZone option. Now, Avast! creates the icon again on every reboot, and there's no option to disable the creation. I can enter SafeZone, but the browser doesn't work anymore and there's no browser icon, just the text.

I just attempted to reset the settings to default and I still have to reboot now - hope it'll be better by then. If it works, consider this a bug report :)

Thanks!

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: After downgrade to Free version, SafeZone icon keeps adding itself
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 09:10:52 PM »
And if it doesn't work then follow the suggestion from the other topic you just posted in to uninstall and reinstall the free version.

Yoshi2889

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 09:16:09 PM »
Resetting the settings did work. I will reinstall Avast however just to avoid any further problems :)
Thanks!

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 09:18:40 PM »
NP's :)