Author Topic: Outdated help file ?  (Read 2854 times)

housi

Outdated help file ?
« on: March 02, 2005, 09:47:06 AM »
Hi
Do I have a outdated help file? Under "Internet Mail Provider settings" are described the chapters shown in the attached picture. But in the Provider Configuration there are as follow:
- POP
- SMTP
- IMAP
- NNTP
- Redirect
- Advanced
- Heuristic
- Heuristic-Advanced
Sincerely
housi

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Outdated help file ?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 09:49:44 AM »
Not really.
There actually are some additional configuration pages, but they are available only from the Enhanced User Interface, when editing the corresponding resident task. They are not visible in the common On-Access Scanner control dialog.

housi

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2005, 10:13:43 AM »
Hi igor
Thanks for answering.
but they are available only from the Enhanced User Interface, when editing the corresponding resident task
If I'm understanding correctly (mother tongue is Swiss-German), available meens (see attached picture). But what I'm looking for is the description for instance for "Redirect".

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2005, 10:34:01 AM »
Ah, you are right - for two reasons even.
1. You are using the German version of avast! - the help file actually might be slightly outdated there
2. I just checked and found out that the "Redirect" page doesn't show in the English help either (but it does when you search for it). It is caused by an additional (incorrect) quotation sign in the source file. I have fixed it, so it should be OK in the next program update.

In between, you can get the updated help file here: http://www2.asw.cz/~glucksmann/help.zip

Thanks for letting us know!