Author Topic: About Behaviour Shield in Win7 and Win8  (Read 1798 times)

Offline Irbidan

About Behaviour Shield in Win7 and Win8
« on: January 12, 2013, 01:22:48 PM »
I see unnecessary Behavior Shield in Windows 7 and Windows 8 as they have the DEP and the assistant to detect suspicious programs or processes, also new foreign registry changes. Then it is plausible that the Shield isn't necessary and may increase the overall performance of the Avast!

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re: About Behaviour Shield in Win7 and Win8
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 01:30:04 PM »
Your assumption is incorrect. Behavior Shield is not DEP and even DEP by itself is a pretty flawed feature imo... Though i would like to see more activity from Behavior Shield to begin with because in all the years of it's existance, i haven't seen it do anything...
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline Irbidan

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 01:55:50 PM »
I refer to that shield not terribly interested in providing the protection against unwanted changes in a computer. It is true that having Sandbox can do without this Shield because practically does the same job, in my opinion.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2013, 08:54:59 AM »
You are mixing up things. Behavior Shield doesn't do sandboxing job at all. It's analyzing behavior. Sandbox is entirely different thing and as far as behavior analysis go in the Auto Sandbox, i'd say they are using the same engine used in Behavior Shield. Though i have yet to see its detections...
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog