Author Topic: .Deb Installer: This Package is of Bad Quality Error on Ubuntu 13.04 Nightly!  (Read 8737 times)

kevpan815

Just FYI.  >:(

kevpan815

I should also mention that the program is still Installable after I Click on Ignore Warning.  :)

MAG

It's been commented on previously - obviously with no response from avast so far.

I think it just reflects the rather neglected state of development of avast for linux - something Tech has recently posted about.

But then we get it for free, so I don't suppose we're entitled to grumble too much.

kevpan815

It's been commented on previously - obviously with no response from avast so far.

I think it just reflects the rather neglected state of development of avast for linux - something Tech has recently posted about.

But then we get it for free, so I don't suppose we're entitled to grumble too much.

Thank You  for Replying. I am helping out with the Avast 8.0 Beta Test for Windows right now, as I do Dual Boot 32 Bit Windows 8 and AMD 64 Ubuntu 13.04 Nightly Builds using the AMD 64 13.04 WUBI.EXE, (which can currently be found at http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/ just click on Ubuntu 13.04 Daily) so that Avast 8 Beta 3 on Windows 8 32 Bit can scan my Ubuntu Installation, as I recently read the following on Ubuntu's WUBI.EXE Home Page (On Ubuntu.com Itself, Not the WUBI.EXE Beta Home Page), Do NOT use 32 Bit WUBI.EXE on either an EFI Boot Loader, and or a Custom Windows 8 Splash Screen, Instead use 64 Bit Ubuntu Only! Just FYI.