Author Topic: Can't finish installation  (Read 3382 times)

realnabarl

Can't finish installation
« on: January 13, 2013, 11:42:34 PM »
Well, the problem is simple. I just downloaded avast! free version then began to install it and it stucked at Google Chrome installation window. It says it's installing Google Chrome but my hard drive were not working. I think the program is downloading Chrome but it failed. I just noticed there is no downloading speed of my system via a network monitor, it means nothing to be downloaded.

I don't know the reason, but I guess it just failed connecting to Google's server. No matter how good Google's network is. I'm in China, our country has internet censorship, it results in many cases we would fail to connect to which outside of China mainland. I think maybe it is the reason, but maybe others, too. Like turning off my network intensionally.

Now the problem is: I can't skip the Chrome installation window, can't cancel the whole installation, either. I waited a few minutes but the installation never ends. Until I ended the Google updating process, It finally goes to the later installation steps and I finally have it installed.

Offline jefferson sant

• Starting Graphoman
  • volunteer
Re: Can't finish installation
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 01:43:38 AM »
Open process manager look for
chrome.exe chrome or setup.exe processes and end now

« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 02:28:26 AM by jefferson santiag »

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: Can't finish installation
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 04:25:14 PM »
It probably has more to do with your location, China, than with the set-up file.
And there is very little, if anything, avast can do to help.  ???
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.