Author Topic: Safe Zone corrupts bank site  (Read 2706 times)

twl845

Safe Zone corrupts bank site
« on: January 16, 2013, 09:01:34 PM »
When I access my bank site, Safe Zone corrupts the site GUI making it difficult to navigate. Not to mention it works very slow. After signing off and going back to the regular desk top, windows are about one third their regular size and can't be stretched to full window size. Clicking F11 does nothing to make the window full size. I have to restart windows to clear the problem. If I access the bank site in the normal browser, there is no problem. This problem has existed since I upgraded to Avast Pro. What irritates me is that using Safezone was the main reason why I upgraded. Does anyone else have this problem?

Offline jefferson sant

• Starting Graphoman
  • volunteer
Re: Safe Zone corrupts bank site
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 09:11:59 PM »

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 09:15:55 PM »
When I access my bank site, Safe Zone corrupts the site GUI making it difficult to navigate. Not to mention it works very slow. After signing off and going back to the regular desk top, windows are about one third their regular size and can't be stretched to full window size. Clicking F11 does nothing to make the window full size. I have to restart windows to clear the problem. If I access the bank site in the normal browser, there is no problem. This problem has existed since I upgraded to Avast Pro. What irritates me is that using Safezone was the main reason why I upgraded. Does anyone else have this problem?

No problems here.
I use "safezone" exclusively for all Banking. :)

twl845

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 11:57:20 PM »
reset  safezone maybe solve
https://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=1185
Hi Thanks for responding. I did that before, and did it again on your advice. Still no good.  I don't think the reset actually works because after doing it I still have the bank tab on the browser. That should be gone if I reset right?

Offline jefferson sant

• Starting Graphoman
  • volunteer
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 12:13:12 AM »
the safe zone has a defined list of sites of banking that is compatible.
try uninstalling and install avast again

https://support.avast.com/index.php?languageid=1&group=eng&_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=1062
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 12:14:44 AM by jefferson santiag »

twl845

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 01:27:29 AM »
the safe zone has a defined list of sites of banking that is compatible.
try uninstalling and install avast again

https://support.avast.com/index.php?languageid=1&group=eng&_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=1062
Thanks for the suggestion. I think I'll wait for the V8 release and re-install then.  :)