Author Topic: Avast Pro Unsecured "Fix Now"  (Read 2930 times)

lunara

Avast Pro Unsecured "Fix Now"
« on: January 20, 2013, 05:14:18 PM »
This is the second time in a couple of months that I have been unable to "Fix" Avast pro. Running win7, no other antivirus programs other than Malwarebytes. I do my "maintenance" work: CC cleaner, wise disk cleaner and wise registry cleaner and Glary utilities, and it seems after those run I get the error message. I had to uninstall and reinstall the last time (following the directions in Safe Mode) and it worked for awhile. Now it's up to it's old tricks again....Help!

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Avast Pro Unsecured "Fix Now"
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 05:26:46 PM »
did you reboot after FIX now.....

if no good, then it is back to the old uninstall/reinstall from safe  mode trick   ;)

lunara

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 05:28:30 PM »
No, I will try the reboot and I guess will have to uninstall and reinstall. Thanks

iroc9555

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 05:29:57 PM »
....I do my "maintenance" work: CC cleaner, wise disk cleaner and wise registry cleaner and Glary utilities, and it seems after those run I get the error message...

You are answering your own question yourself. One of those apps is removing a vital Avast! file. Which ? I do not know. Usually a registry cleaner will do that.

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 05:39:38 PM »
hi lunara,

...I do my "maintenance" work: CC cleaner, wise disk cleaner and wise registry cleaner and Glary utilities, and it seems after those run I get the error message. I had to uninstall and reinstall the last time (following the directions in Safe Mode) and it worked for awhile. Now it's up to it's old tricks again....Help!
Why are you running a registry cleaner?  Experience here and elsewhere will show that these sort of programs cause more problems than they solve; as in making more problems than already exists.  Evidently one or the other is affecting Avast! program driver files, so the error.

Tip:  Instead of using registry cleaners, do this:  Start>Run>sfc /scannow and check to make sure all system files are intact and in their original forms.  It is likely that some of these necessary and needed files are missing/corrupt also due to the use of the above programs. 

Suggest removing them (reg cleaner and Glary Utilities) from your system!

Next steps: 
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 06:11:56 PM by mchain »
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Microsoft Windows Defender - Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI version 1.0.803