Author Topic: Gonna install Avast! again if...  (Read 9674 times)

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Gonna install Avast! again if...
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2005, 03:38:05 PM »
I guess it won't make much difference... so I'd say use RAR with 4MB dictionary.

Pse

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2005, 05:54:26 PM »
Hey, there, just a small update. I set back my memory to DDR400, all the memory timings to auto, and the voltage to auto as well (those were the settings it had the first time I used it). I saved all BIOS settings and allowed the computer to reboot. Guess what? Blank screen! No beeps! Nothing! Either the modules have died a horrible death, or they have destroyed the memory controller in the Athlon64! Now I'm angry as hell! As a last resort, I tried clearing the CMOS manually...with no luck. Now I have a totally useless system! ARGH!
Well, I thank you all, you've been really helpful, even after we had realized the problem was not related to Avast! at all!
I've already talked to the guys who built the system, and I've asked them to give me another memory module (a functional one)...So I guess I'll have to wait until they get it. Thank you again, and good luck! I'm sorry for bringing this issue to these forums =( And don't worry, I'll be using Avast! as soon as I get this thing to work ;)

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2005, 06:36:42 PM »
Thanks for letting us know that it was not an avast issue (hopefully).
Please come back should you have any problems with avast (or just feel like missing the forum :))
Cheers Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2005, 06:38:30 PM »
That's strange... try to remove the modules and put them back. If you have more modules, try to use only one of them - maybe it'll boot again.

Pse

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2005, 10:12:58 PM »
Thanks for your tip, Igor. I would have done what you said, but, to tell you the truth, I don't want the guys who built the system to tell me it was my fault or whatever. I'll just let them deal with the whole thing...in fact, I have just come back from the store, where I left them the whole case with everything in it (I took out my HDs, of course ;)). Thanks anyway =).