Author Topic: still getting BSOD with aswnet.sys after updating and using tool  (Read 2038 times)

oarking

ever since i installed windows 8 in the beginning of november i've been getting BSOD. i didn't bother to check was aswnet.sys was but when it started to happen daily i got a little fed up. confirmed i was running 7.0.1473, found the forum post where an employee uploaded files to an ftp and said to install in the system32 directory (sketchy). it still happened. so now i notice i'm running 7.0.1474 and it's still happening, every other day it seems. so i check online again and now there's a tool that will install the files for you, so i do that and it's still happening. it's the only thing that's making my computer crash and i'm pretty fed up, if files saved themselves during a BSOD i might be less upset, but they don't. the files that the tool installed are aswnet.sys (11/4/2012) and aswnet.sys (11/8/2012).

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: still getting BSOD with aswnet.sys after updating and using tool
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 08:33:41 PM »
Hi and welcome:

Unfortunately, the issues some users are having when running Windows 8 OS and Avast is 'system specific' meaning that many Win 8 users are not experiencing any issues with Avast security while there are others that have BSOD issues, which is making it very difficult to pin point causes. :-\
I run Win8 64 Bit with Avast Pro 7.1474 and have not/am not experiencing any BSOD.
I might add that I have not needed to install the 'driver update patch' that some have found necessary. :)

oarking

Re: still getting BSOD with aswnet.sys after updating and using tool
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 09:20:00 PM »
i'm happy you didn't need to install it. i did and it doesn't solve my problem that i've been having for 2 months. i crashed twice 2 days ago and 3 times today within 2 hours. if it's my setup i guess i'm out of luck. hopefully i can find a different program that's a little more friendly.