Author Topic: 'dispatcher processing has been suspended'  (Read 2333 times)

cbminstrel

'dispatcher processing has been suspended'
« on: January 25, 2013, 02:26:25 AM »
Hi guys,

I don't *think* this is a virus, I think this is a computer thing, but thought I'd double check. I had just restarted after using adwcleaner to delete some stuff off the computer to make sure a toolbar was cleared out, and I clicked on 'settings' on my open firefox browser and got a 'dispatcher processing has been suspended' error box. My screen sort of locked for a few seconds before returning to normal, nothing seems wrong, but not sure what it means. Tried googling it, but everything was in such tech speak referring to it I had no idea what it even was, let alone if I need to worry about it or not! I've attached a screencap of the box. Thanks!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: 'dispatcher processing has been suspended'
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 01:07:16 PM »
Indeed, I've tried to Google it and did not find that much useful info to help you...
Does the error come from Firefox? Any other .Net program?
The best things in life are free.

cbminstrel

Re: 'dispatcher processing has been suspended'
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 05:42:18 PM »
It happened when I was using firefox, and it's only happened the once, yesterday. What I couldn't work out was whether it was a windows error box, or a firefox error box...because it doesn't look like a regular windows error box, but it seemed, I dunno, very very techy speak and lots of ms and wins in it for it to have been a firefox one. And the whole system hung for a good twenty seconds from it, whatever it was.

Thanks for looking for me :)