Author Topic: A different? Windows 8 Avast Pro problem??  (Read 2839 times)

Offline BHA

A different? Windows 8 Avast Pro problem??
« on: January 29, 2013, 05:28:47 AM »
I can't really tell looking at the current discussions if my problem has been covered or not.

I purchased a new Window's 8 machine in December and loaded Avast Pro onto it.  Everything seemed to work fine with my home Network (once I figure out how to make Window's 8 see Window's XP machines) until I took the laptop onto the road.  The WIFI worked at the first WIFI spot.  After that all I got was a limited connection with no internet access even if plugged directly into the router.  Since I needed to access the internet I did a system restore back to when I bought the machine. Reloaded Avast back onto the machine and everything worked fine (except all the software I had loaded was now gone).  Back home it would only get a Limited Connection w/o any Internet access.  Needed to uninstall AVAST again, delete all of the Network Adapters ( including almost 100 stray ones that AVAST had added to the list).  Rebooted and it worked fine again.

Reloaded AVAST PRO onto the machine (Custom) w/o the Network Shield.  Worked great for about a month with home use, either over the WIFI or Ethernet.

Took the Laptop to class at a Community College and hooked into their WIFI system.. worked great.  Came home and it couldn't even find my WIFI,even when sitting right next to the router, or acknowledge being plugged into the Ethernet.  Tried to delete the Network Adapters and reboot.  No luck.  Had to uninstall AVAST, delete the Network Adapters again, including a bunch that AVAST had added (can only be deleted when Avast is uninstalled - if any of these still exist the machine will not find the network!) as soon as they are all deleted and rebooted it runs fine again.  I did an Express install this time and disabled the Network Shield.

Is anyone else running this scenario?
BHA

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: A different? Windows 8 Avast Pro problem??
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 11:24:33 AM »
I suggest an installation from scratch and applying the patch for Windows 8.
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=108441.msg857999#msg857999
The best things in life are free.

Dennis.Gonzales

Re: A different? Windows 8 Avast Pro problem??
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 01:06:32 PM »
I've been having this issue also. My internet connection drops or not working even with WinXP systems.

The only solution to my problem is the constant "Refresh" to the internet browser to "connect" to the router/internet.