Author Topic: How to Completely Uninstall Webrep?  (Read 7535 times)

slybo

Re: How to Completely Uninstall Webrep?
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2013, 10:19:53 PM »
Ok on mine the first screen shot you show is the same, where I have uninstalled security plugin. But on the second screen shot I have check marks in both Enable WebRep and Enable Phishing Filter, why? was I suppose to remove the WebRep, I did not because it is no longer in my browser?

Alyus

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2013, 10:21:54 PM »
Phishing is simply fraudulent email. I'm sure most people can easily detect one. It's just a numbers game for them.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 10:23:55 PM by Alyus »

slybo

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2013, 10:24:29 PM »
I thought it also had to do with websites, phishing? but I wonder if mine is active since that screen has WebRep that also had a checkmark but I know it is not there.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2013, 10:28:14 PM »
Phishing is more than fraudulent email. Various websites actually "phish" for personal information.
As far as WebRep and the Phishing Filter go uninstall WebRep as shown in shot #1 then untick the box as seen here.  :)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

slybo

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2013, 10:32:05 PM »
Ok Para-Noid by doing what you say I will only be removing WebRep, the voting thing, and will retain phishing and all other protection? Is this correct, that is what I wanted to know to start. slybo

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2013, 10:43:48 PM »
As long as you leave the phishing filter box ticked you will have the anti-phishing protection.  8)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.