Consumer Products > Avast Free Antivirus / Premium Security (legacy Pro Antivirus, Internet Security, Premier)

Confused.. [slow/freezing on-demand scans]

(1/4) > >>

aarangio:
Hi ya,

I don't know what's going on...but it's a good thing i think but when Avast does a scan of my system it is scaning through files I have removed completely...well i thought anyhow.....
would anyone know of any free software i could use to get into my system to remove these traces as one of these traces keeps freezing up Avast so i have to keep cancelling the scan.....

much appreciated any help,

AdrianĀ  :)

Vlk:
What do you mean, keeps freezing up Avast? That shouldn't be the case! :)
Does it lock up completely? How long did you give it before you canceled it? What file does it show as currently scanning when the freeze up occurs?

thank Vlk

aarangio:
Hi ya Vlk,

actually it's the same problems i posted  a few days ago if you remember...... a folder with smallville episodes in it....I even do a scan on just that folder and it freezes and the CPU runs at 100% and i've left it for up to 4 minutes and I've stopped it....but I am noticing a thunderbird File that is freezing on the scan as well...but I'm trying to delete it with no joy....
I have Zonealarm but I'm not using it at the moment on XP.....Microsoft Antispyware running....and Skype....
I've removed Antivir from my system with a few remenants i can't remove either and I've reinstalled Avast again.....

thanks for any help if possible..

Adrian  :)

igor:
OK, first we should find out what is being scanned (if anything).
Please, go to the program settings, turn on the creation of the report file and let everything (even OK files) be included there. Then, scan the folder again using Simple User Interface. When the scan seems to be frozen, check the end of the report - what does it show there? If you wait for a minute, does the report change?

Also, how big are those smallville episodes?

aarangio:
Hi ya igor,

thanks for the help.....

The Smallville files are roughly 350MB each and there is about 9 Episodes.....

Here is the end part of the report you asked about....i have put in where it first starts at Thunderbird which i can't find any where to delete and from there onwards the CPU 100% , ashSimpl.exe 22500k....

C:\Documents and Settings\Adrian Arangio\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\akxhpoco.default\mailViews.dat [+] is OK
C:\Documents and Settings\Adrian Arangio\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\akxhpoco.default\mimeTypes.rdf [+] is OK
C:\Documents and Settings\Adrian Arangio\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\akxhpoco.default\mousegestures.rdf [+] is OK
C:\Documents and Settings\Adrian Arangio\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\akxhpoco.default\panacea.dat [+] is OK
C:\Documents and Settings\Adrian Arangio\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\akxhpoco.default\prefs.js [+] is OK
C:\Documents and Settings\Adrian Arangio\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\akxhpoco.default\secmod.db [+] is OK
C:\Documents and Settings\Adrian Arangio\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\akxhpoco.default\virtualFolders.dat [+] is OK
C:\Documents and Settings\Adrian Arangio\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\akxhpoco.default\xpti.dat [+] is OK
C:\Documents and Settings\Adrian Arangio\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\akxhpoco.default\XUL.mfl [+] is OK
C:\Documents and Settings\Adrian Arangio\Application Data\Thunderbird\profiles.ini [+] is OK
C:\Documents and Settings\Adrian Arangio\Application Data\Thunderbird\registry.dat [+] is OK
C:\Documents and Settings\Adrian Arangio\Application Data\TuneUp Software\TuneUp Utilities\TuneUp Registry Editor\regbookmarks.trb [+] is OK
C:\Documents and Settings\Adrian Arangio\Application Data\TuneUp Software\TuneUp Utilities\Web\gbacklinks.htm [+] is OK
C:\Documents and Settings\Adrian Arangio\Application Data\TuneUp Software\TuneUp Utilities\Web\gcache.htm [+] is OK
C:\Documents and Settings\Adrian Arangio\Application Data\TuneUp Software\TuneUp Utilities\Web\gsearch.htm [+] is OK
C:\Documents and Settings\Adrian Arangio\Application Data\TuneUp Software\TuneUp Utilities\Web\gsimilar.htm [+] is OK
C:\Documents and Settings\Adrian Arangio\Application Data\TuneUp Software\TuneUp Utilities\Web\gtranslate.htm [+] is OK
C:\Documents and Settings\Adrian Arangio\Application Data\TuneUp Software\TuneUp Utilities\Web\tuarch.htm [+] is OK
C:\Documents and Settings\Adrian Arangio\Application Data\TuneUp Software\TuneUp Utilities\Web\tumrcheck.htm [+] is OK
C:\Documents and Settings\Adrian Arangio\Application Data\TuneUp Software\TuneUp Utilities\Web\tuofinw.htm [+] is OK
C:\Documents and Settings\Adrian Arangio\Application Data\TuneUp Software\TuneUp Utilities\Web\tutrans.htm [+] is OK
C:\Documents and Settings\Adrian Arangio\Application Data\TuneUp Software\TuneUp Utilities\Web\tuzoomin.htm [+] is OK
C:\Documents and Settings\Adrian Arangio\Application Data\TuneUp Software\TuneUp Utilities\Web\tuzoomout.htm [+] is OK
C:\Documents and Settings\Adrian Arangio\Cookies\index.dat [+] is OK
C:\Documents and Settings\Adrian Arangio\Desktop\aswclnr.exe\[UPX] [+] is OK
C:\Documents and Settings\Adrian Arangio\Desktop\aswclnr.exe [+] is OK
C:\Documents and Settings\Adrian Arangio\Desktop\BitComet.lnk [+] is OK
C:\Documents and Settings\Adrian Arangio\Desktop\CCleaner.lnk [+] is OK
C:\Documents and Settings\Adrian Arangio\Desktop\Microsoft Office Outlook 2003.lnk [+] is OK
C:\Documents and Settings\Adrian Arangio\Desktop\PC Adware-Spyware Removal.lnk [+] is OK
C:\Documents and Settings\Adrian Arangio\Desktop\Skype.lnk [+] is OK
C:\Documents and Settings\Adrian Arangio\Desktop\Smallville\smallville - 4x06 - transference lol www the-realworld de xvid.avi [+] is OK
C:\Documents and Settings\Adrian Arangio\Desktop\Smallville\smallville 4 11unsafe.avi [+] is OK
C:\Documents and Settings\Adrian Arangio\Desktop\Smallville\smallville 4 14.krypto.avi [+] is OK
Infected files: 0
Total files: 5537
Total folders: 432
Total size: 1.5 G

* Task stopped: Tuesday, February 22, 2005 7:02:38 PM
* Run-time was 2 minute(s), 11 second(s)

Also I waited for a minute and there was no report change....

Hope you can help....

Thanks in advance,

Adrian  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version