Author Topic: avast! PIN  (Read 2610 times)

iccohen

avast! PIN
« on: February 01, 2013, 04:48:54 PM »
Hello-

First, let me say I have looked at many of the forum questions regarding the PIN; unfortunately, none of them address the issues I am having.

I am trying to change my PIN but I can't because I am getting the dreaded "PIN Recovery not set" message. This is an issue because when I try to set my Recovery phone number, it tells me I need my PIN, which I did change from the computer, but apparently was not received by the phone. And now, I can't find where I can change it again from my avast! Account on the computer. So I am basically going around and around in circles.

I even turned off the Anti-Theft, which I was able to do only because I launched the Settings from the computer, as I can't access Settings from the phone (see issue above). This didn't help, and even though I signed off the computer and signed back in, it STILL shows I have anti-theft enabled.

This is quite frustrating, and I am ready to just totally uninstall unless you guys have the solution I have blatantly been missing.

Thanks,

-Steve

svehlak

Re: avast! PIN
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 04:54:39 PM »
Did you try to unpair the device, delete it from the acount and pair again? When the PIN was not delivered it is not changed. Basically, if you can remotely drive your device, you are able to change PIN. Also you need to input PIN for PIN recovery; or I did not understand well and the PIN is required only in case you are setting the PIN recovery (means you have PIN protection turned off)?

iccohen

Re: avast! PIN
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 05:21:05 PM »
This sucks. I jsut typed a whole message and lost it because I didn't exactly match the captcha text. I clicked the Back link and lost all my text. What bullshit.

Bottom line:

1. Removed it from phone
2. Ran clean up
3. Reinstalled from phone because Play Store site said still installed
4. Same PIN issues
5. Uninstalled from phone again
6. Deleted avast! account

May try again later. Right now I'm too pissed off to continue with this nonsense.