Author Topic: VPN doesn't work  (Read 775 times)

Offline Fridaycat

VPN doesn't work
« on: March 19, 2024, 06:40:46 AM »
Hi. I got a VPN so I can watch TV shows in other Countries. However when I turn on the VPN and pick a country when I try their TV shows try it simply says "You must be in *country* to access this content". (I have only tried UK and USA so far). So basically the VPN isn't making it look like I am from the country I request. Am I doing something wrong? I've twice spent almost an hour fluffing around with this without joy. Should I just cancel my subscription.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: VPN doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2024, 12:48:32 PM »
Whilst I don't use a VPN, there are some sites that can tell if you are using one and block it.  How they do this I don't know.

In the forums if my memory serves me right, I have seen something in the  forums about using 'Wonderland' as a VPN selection to see if that can bypass this restriction.  I'm not sure if this is also an option in the Avast SecureLine VPN for iOS.

I think the BBC is very proactive in trying to block VPN use, as to use it you have to be a BBC licence payer.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security