Author Topic: [AIS 7.0.1474] Avast firewall blocks Serviio Media Server  (Read 3678 times)

CoBfan1987

[AIS 7.0.1474] Avast firewall blocks Serviio Media Server
« on: February 03, 2013, 12:23:39 AM »
I'm running the most recent version of AIS 7 on Windows 8 Pro.

I've figured out that the firewall in AIS is blocking my TV getting any DLNA signal from Serviio

I even went into the Application Rules and tried allowing all inbound and outbound connections for the ServiioConsole.exe and the ServiioService.exe and I tried allowing them on the port that the Network Connections said the service was connecting too. Still, the only way for my TV to be able to connect to Serviio on this computer is if I completely disable the firewall. If a video is running on my tv and I enable the firewall again it loses connection within a few seconds.

Is there something I am doing wrong here is there another step I need to take to permit the Serviio Media Server to be broadcast to my network with the firewall on?

Offline Abderrahmane

Re: [AIS 7.0.1474] Avast firewall blocks Serviio Media Server
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2022, 12:39:42 PM »
same for me but I have AVAST and Zone Alarm installed so I need to do a rule for both of them

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: [AIS 7.0.1474] Avast firewall blocks Serviio Media Server
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2022, 04:50:42 PM »
same for me but I have AVAST and Zone Alarm installed so I need to do a rule for both of them

It isn't wise to post in topic that is over 9 years old, much will change in that time.   
AIS has been superseded (and no longer available) by Avast Premier and now Avast Premium Security.

That is just a few reasons why there is a warning when you try to post in an old topic

Please start a new topic and give details of the Avast Program and version number you have installed.
If using a program version that has the Avast Firewall installed, try setting the firewall to Private Trusted. 
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security