Author Topic: newbie w/q's for more than one computer  (Read 2611 times)

Rich54Kelly

newbie w/q's for more than one computer
« on: February 23, 2005, 03:03:14 AM »
Hello all, I am new to this site but, have been around computers a few years.
   I am currently using Norton System Works and Norton Personal Firewall (both 2004). My subscription expires soon on these for my computer. Since registering these, I have gained two more computers in the house. one for the kid and one for the wifey's sister (living with us).
the kid's is my old one and the sisters came with her.
   I am using a cable modem (Road Runner) connected to a wireless router (Netgear). My computer connects with an ethernet cable and the other two use wireless adapters. All three are running WinXP.
   Now, my  questions to the experts/moderaters here.... can I download the free veresion of AVAST anti-virus on each of these using the same connection and e-mail address (haven't figured out how to give them their own e-mail addy with Outlook Express)? The router has a built in "double Firewall" so I dont (THINK) I need any more than that plus, I have SP2 on 2 of them with the Windows Firewall.
 I would stay with Norton but, they want right around $300.00 for a multiple license for up to 5 computers. Too much for my blood when there are free services around !!!

Rich Kelly

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: newbie w/q's for more than one computer
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2005, 01:15:56 PM »
Provided you meet the requirements for non-comercial use you can have avast installed on more than one computer, using the same registration key.

But check out the avast! web site - http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_4_home.html - http://www.avast.com/eng/free_virus_protectio.html
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security