Author Topic: Remote install log  (Read 9951 times)

ironman37

Remote install log
« on: February 04, 2013, 09:55:31 PM »
When a client fails to install remotely and it says to check the remote install log where is this located?

Che Johnson

Re: Remote install log
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 01:13:23 PM »
To check the log file from a failed remote please send the client log file with instructions below. But make sure that the ports are open on the client, and if XP, that the file/printer share is enabled on the client side.  Also, make sure the client can communicate to the server.  If you could provide more detail then it would be helpful or send your issue to edu@avast.com

1.  How to OBTAIN LOG for Console FILES

- Open the console -> ADMIN -> Settings -> Troubleshooting -> use the "Download troubleshooting package" button to download a zipped file that you will send to me.

OR from here

( All EA Consoles) C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Enterprise Administration\DATA\log

Win Vista/7/Win 2008 (SOA Console) C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Administration Console\Logs

Win XP/Win 2003  (SOA Console) C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AVAST Software\Administration Console\Logs (SOA Console)

Che' Johnson

ironman37

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 08:42:53 PM »
mostly what i see in the log is error 1203 (No network provider accepted the given network path)

I found one that had this error error 1396 (Logon Failure: The target account name is incorrect)

out of 76 computers 15 installed remotely.

the computers are setup on a windows domain. i set the console to detect the computers using active directory.  the windows firewall is disabled through gpo. I port scanned a few of the computers that had the problem and the ports were closed that needed to be open. i havent had a chance to go physically troubleshoot one of the computers yet to see what has those ports closed but i hope to in the next few days.

EDIT*  i just tried a single computer at that site and the install failed with error 1203. i port scanned it and ports 135 and 139 were open.
i port scanned a computer that i just installed successfully and all the open ports were the same except for one which was port 445.

Thanks for the help,
KJ
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 09:30:53 PM by ironman37 »

Che Johnson

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 09:47:19 AM »
It sounds as is if it's a ports  issue but also be sure that if the client is XP that the file/printer sharing is enabled.  Please also make sure the network discovery for each client is enabled and confirm the ports below.  Remember the ports need to be open on both client and server that the console is being placed.

EA For EA Console
http://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=1291#idt_18

SOA
For Clients : 25322

Access to the web via Broswer
8731 is for HTTP and 8732 for HTTPS

I hope this helps, but if not please feel free to contact us again.