Author Topic: Avast being shut down by virus  (Read 4988 times)

Ranma344

Avast being shut down by virus
« on: February 06, 2013, 05:26:09 AM »
I noticed that my Avast was not running, and I was unable to get it to start. I uninstalled using the wiping software provided by Avast, and did a fresh install. At this point my entire computer froze up and I was forced to do a forced shutdown. When I restarted the computer avast was once again disabled and unable to be restarted. I really need some help to get rid of this virus. I saw on an old post a program called OTL and will provide the logs from it.
I also realize that I may have put this in the wrong forum, and I apologize.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 05:29:54 AM by Ranma344 »

Jacksback

Re: Avast being shut down by virus
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 03:19:57 PM »
Hi Ranma344, 
I noticed that my Avast was not running, and I was unable to get it to start.
well I too have lost Avast Internet Security-7  :o

I tried a Repair(as Stated) via Programs and Features(un-Install OPTIONS), Rebooted Avast, it[Avast] didn't load at start up I Manually clicked to Start but still Unsecured.

I didn't Fresh install AVAST because if it is a Virus as you think this would only make this Hitch a Major problem.

Follow Avast's steps:
 Inside Avast Internet Security-7 "Top Right Side"  #01, I clicked "Support"  #02: Generate Support Package 3/4 not the Full Dumps
 Only 1.52MB

(I just Generated another Support Package with Full Dumps 4/4 Only 1.53MB's to send off)

I than get a popup "Thanks for...trouble shooting..." with a link 'What do I do now' <--- #03 Clicky Important task! ...your given Help where to find your 'Generated Support Package' .zip file
C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\Support\20130206_XXXX_XXXXXXXXXX.zip and than how to upload to Avast/incoming via FTP..

I've downloaded and installed Internet Security-7 with License Key again reboot still System is unprotected, "Fix Now Button" didn't Fix.

regards
 Jacksback
PS: I set logged in for 1hour by the time I finished post and the hoop jumping Verification, I lost post  :'( It's been troublesome day! *%^#$! <-- That's Deep breathing and it doesn't help!!

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 03:35:24 PM »
I suggest to download the latest full update package from here and apply it. The "Fix" button should work then.

Jacksback

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 07:28:17 PM »
G'day again Ranma344 Jacksback,
While I was posting, Avast support had emailed me with the links(2) to Fix that worked for Me. So Avast is back Up for me.

You mentioned .
I uninstalled using the wiping software provided by Avast, and did a fresh install. At this point my entire computer froze up and I was forced to do a forced shutdown. When I restarted the computer avast was once again disabled and unable to be restarted.
I noticed the Virus Definition update was Slow kb's so I was thinking that's why you froze But after reboot your install wasn't there?

The uninstall program I was pointed to was called 'aswclear.exe' and was to be run in Safe Mode by pressing F8 on restart.
Check your start programs one maybe stopping your fresh install?

Good Luck

regards
 Jacksback

I'm NEVER returning to this Forum Ever! Reason the "Verification" is a Shut Out. Makes a User learn Hacking just to post! How many poster have Given up? Last look Jacksnevercomingback!

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 07:30:27 PM »
I'm NEVER returning to this Forum Ever! Reason the "Verification" is a Shut Out. Makes a User learn Hacking just to post! How many poster have Given up? Last look Jacksnevercomingback!
spam protection.....and only the first 3 posts