Author Topic: Business Endpoint Protection Suite Plus! Slight Issue With Program Exclusion  (Read 2949 times)

joealbergo

Everyone here - please read, maybe I am missing something simple.

I've begun to install a new monitoring program called "InterGuard" and it's basically an employee monitoring software for their activity.

During the installation I disabled the Avast! shield protection for 10 minutes and installed the program.

Prior to this, I created an exclusion of the directory from which this program runs under Windows O.S.

However, the program is being found and treated as a Trojan Horse. It is not - please help me?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 01:48:53 AM by joealbergo »

naviathan

No solutions, but I'm having the same problem with exclusion using Endpoint Protection. I create an exclusion on a per machine basis (doesn't seem to be a way to do it from the administration console) and the next time I go back to it the exclusions are gone. They don't stick.

joealbergo

Nava,

I see the exclusions stick, that works great - however the exclusion DOESN'T work, lol.

So even after I put "C:\Windows\System32\leifxrin\*" as the exclusion under the proper shield.

It still scans the program and finds it and it thinks that it's a virus -

I'm not too happy but I hope to get some help soon !
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 07:03:13 PM by joealbergo »

joealbergo

I should also mention the fact the files are located in ?:\windows\system32\programname\