Author Topic: Banned user  (Read 15391 times)

Paul_D

Re: Banned user
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2013, 04:58:36 AM »
Sorry to dredge this up again.

Once again she can't login here. To quote from her post at Aussie Community Helpdesk:-

"I have not used Avast Forum since this (March) and today it let me log in OK but when I went to post a message and clicked on submit I got a strange brief message about my IP needing to be checked by their security

For security reasons, you must pass the remote ip to reCAPTCHA

but nothing to say what I needed to do and I cannot post to ask them."

Can you guys help once again? Obviously she is unable to post here herself.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2013, 06:22:35 AM »
If you are referring to the user pinkcloud there is no block on the account, the captcha is only for the first 3 posts so all I can think of is that he/she is not entering the required field correctly.

I see pinkcloud has now signed in so must have worked it out :)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 06:28:30 AM by craigb »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2013, 02:50:18 PM »
There has been a problem with the forum, by all accounts the load balancer has been having a fit. This could be related, but should now be fixed.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Paul_D

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2013, 06:54:08 PM »
If you are referring to the user pinkcloud there is no block on the account, the captcha is only for the first 3 posts so all I can think of is that he/she is not entering the required field correctly.

I see pinkcloud has now signed in so must have worked it out :)
No, she is able to login, but she cannot post. Following is her post to me at another forum:-

Thanks Paul

You could please tell them that he misread my message and that I had not said I could not log in, that I said I could log in but it would not accept my post.

You could also ask them please what I have to do to put this right.

I cannot tell them while I am barred by mistake.

pinkcloud

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2013, 07:23:54 PM »
There seems to be a ban on the two 92."""""" range IP's related to that account but for the life of me I cant find why, I even just tried a full ban of her IP's and account and then followed with unbanning all hoping that might clear the account but it doesn't seem to have worked as far as I can tell.

It might be easier if she can create a new account since there are only two posts on the original account.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2013, 08:25:02 PM »
Well the 92, range would be massive covering many different entities, ISP/Host/Domain, even avast has one such IP in the 92.x.x.x range, so any ban would have to related to the second part of the IP and beyond.

I added two bans earlier today that were 92.x.x.x but that really shouldn't be an issue, so I feel that there is something else going on.

There are no ban triggers on the 92.14. range, so that shouldn't be the issue. I doubt it would be the email address as that is somewhat unique and shouldn't be effected in any wildcard string. I'm just looking at the registration IP and pinkcloud is only one registered on that and there is no ban on that IP or any even close.

So I'm at a loss as to what is happening, which is why the screenshot would help if there is actually a ban notice displayed  when pinkcloud tries to log in.

My suggestion to Paul_D is have pinkcloud try to log on and do a screen capture of the notice that is displayed and give you a copy of the saved screenshot. Hopefully when you post that it will help narrow down the problem.

EDIT: Just seen a remnant of craigb's investigation so I have actually deleted that ban entry from the database. This however, that wouldn't have been the earlier problem and checking the profile (even with that entry) it wasn't showing up as banned.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 08:30:39 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2013, 09:45:59 PM »
Well the 92, range would be massive covering many different entities, ISP/Host/Domain, even avast has one such IP in the 92.x.x.x range, so any ban would have to related to the second part of the IP and beyond.
I did mention the two 92.Range IP's that relate to that account, not any others :)

There are also bans on those two IP's relating to pinkclouds account that I forwarded to you via pm David but I cant see anyway that these can be removed which is why I think it may be easier for pinkcloud to create a new account.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2013, 10:09:40 PM »
I did mention the two 92.Range IP's that relate to that account, not any others :)

There are also bans on those two IP's relating to pinkclouds account that I forwarded to you via pm David but I cant see anyway that these can be removed which is why I think it may be easier for pinkcloud to create a new account.

That the point, I couldn't see any IP ban on any of the three IPs used by pinkcloud, I gave a url in my PM where I checked for there presence (Browse Ban Triggers tab).

pinkcloud

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2013, 02:58:00 AM »
I am trying to post again. I could not open another account as it said my email address was already in use by registered user.

pinkcloud

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2013, 03:07:31 AM »
Well you managed to log on and post, so your account isn't banned.

You should be able to continue using that account and hopefully there won't be any recurrence.

pinkcloud

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2013, 03:10:03 AM »
It looks as if this is working now.

What was happening was that having written a post when I clicked on submit I got a message

for security reasons, you must pass the remote ip to reCAPTCHA  then when I tried to resubmit the post I got a message saying error the post had already been submitted but no post shown.

and I was asking what to do.

I have noticed that I am now not getting notification of replies which I had been getting.

Thanks all for help.

I have decided to give up on avast.

pinkcloud
« Last Edit: October 03, 2013, 04:08:17 AM by pinkcloud »

pinkcloud

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2013, 03:17:24 AM »
I have now got notification of DavidR's last post so that is working too.

Thanks

pinkcloud

Paul_D

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2013, 04:27:08 AM »
Thanks everyone who helped.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2013, 08:07:56 AM »
Thanks everyone who helped.
No problem :) even though I still don't know what the problem was or how it was fixed.

pinkcloud

« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2013, 08:30:37 AM »
Thanks. I just decided to try it out of the blue and it worked.

I did think it was to do with your less than 3 posts in your earlier message and I had done only 2 but there was nothing to say what to do about it.

Thanks again for help.
pinkcloud