Author Topic: Please fix this avast home version [NNTP Scan troubles]  (Read 5515 times)

Jazhawk

Please fix this avast home version [NNTP Scan troubles]
« on: February 24, 2005, 01:28:34 AM »
..because I don't like the idea of turning off support to use my utilities.  I'm talking about my NNTP utility NewsReactor.  Since this last upgrade, it no longer connects and in order to use it, I have to disable virus scanning for NNTP and I don't like to have to do that.

Now I'm aware there is a newer version of this utility but it's a bad build so I can't use it.  The build I'm using worked before this last Avast upgrade but now it doesn't.

Please fix this build or suggest something I can use.

-Jazhawk
« Last Edit: February 24, 2005, 11:01:51 AM by Vlk »

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re: Please fix this avast home version
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 11:01:38 AM »
Jazhawk, please see http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=11400.0 (VojTech's patch)
Chances are it will help resolve your NewsReactor issues as well.

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Jazhawk

Re: Please fix this avast home version [NNTP Scan troubles]
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2005, 04:42:58 PM »
Thanx Vlk.  I'll check the link.

-Jazhawk

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2005, 06:18:23 PM »
Is your signature file meant to look like that, with html table structure, or a cut and paste gone wrong?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Jazhawk

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2005, 06:27:18 PM »
Is your signature file meant to look like that, with html table structure, or a cut and paste gone wrong?

No, it shouldn't look that way. I run a couple SMF boards and on those the signature looks much better.   :)  I'll take a look at it see if I didn't screw up the table somehow.  It's possible I have.

Thanx

-Jazhawk

TCPconflicts

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2005, 06:29:27 PM »
I was trying to help out a friend and noticed that you not only have to disable NNTP scanning in the Mail shield, but also the scanning on all files in the Standard shield if you want to download from the newsgroups.  If you don't, you're going to have a very slow download as the Avast engines are taking quite awhile to scan each part of a download.

Jazhawk

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2005, 06:35:37 PM »
I noticed that the download is crawling and because I'm paying to get to this particular newsgroup, this is seriously eating into those dollars.

I'm sure Avast will correct this problem while maintaining the enhancements of this release.  In the mean time however...

-Jazhawk

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2005, 06:38:01 PM »

No, it shouldn't look that way. I run a couple SMF boards and on those the signature looks much better.   :)  I'll take a look at it see if I didn't screw up the table somehow.  It's possible I have.

Thanx

-Jazhawk

That looks better, looks like you missed the closing table tag in the original signature.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Jazhawk

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2005, 07:00:17 PM »

Thanx

-Jazhawk

That looks better, looks like you missed the closing table tag in the original signature.

Good looking out DavidR!

Thanx

-Jazhawk