Author Topic: problems w/ avast and ZA  (Read 2414 times)

vladthedog

problems w/ avast and ZA
« on: February 24, 2005, 02:23:10 PM »
I saw in another thread a mod saying it was a pity people weren't creating their own threads, so here goes :)  Well, as many others are seeing, I installed the newest avast home, and all of a sudden i am having problems w/ various sites (there are a couple, but http://slashdot.org is the one that's bugging me most at the moment).  I have ZA pro 5.5.062.011.  I use Firefox 1.0, but the same problems occur in IE.  I first went in to try the privacy settings in ZA, then realized I already had them off, so I bumped them up to medium (and then high) but got the exact same problems.  I also tried the localhost proxy for firefox, but it still doesn't work.  If I turn off (and not just pause) web shield, all of a sudden the page comes through, but i still notice something "funny"..  There are no articles listed on the main page... but i just tried connecting via my ibook and the same thing is happening, so I'm guessing the problem is on their end.

I know you guys are working on it so this isn't a complaint, just thought i'd give my stats, see if I can help you guys fix the problem.  Starting this evening (well, maybe tomorrow) my computer will be down for a couple days (on top of a reformat, I've gotten a new heat sink, and I'm cutting up my case, so I got some decent work coming up for me :)  I'll keep up w/ whats going on on my ibook, but if you need any other info from me on my PC, i'll need to do it soon.

vladthedog

Re: problems w/ avast and ZA
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 02:27:27 PM »
I just wanted to add, slashdot is working just fine on my ibook now.  also on my PC w/ the web shield off.. 

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: problems w/ avast and ZA
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2005, 02:42:26 PM »
Well, slashdot loaded just fine, quickly even, considering I'm on dial-up. Firefox, Outpost with web shield on.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security