Author Topic: Automatic renewal List without permission  (Read 4294 times)

merricat

Automatic renewal List without permission
« on: February 12, 2013, 07:27:53 PM »
Automatic renewal without permission

I see that this topic is here previously however it was in December so I am re-starting it.

I resubscribed to avast today (I love my avast) and when I received the confirmation letter with the invoice and then another email with the invoice and the license (no activation code yet) I found that by subscribing again they had put me on an automatic renewal list.

They didn't ask me. I don't want to be there.
And go figure all I can do is send them what looks like a fairly useless email and it took me awhile to even find an email link that worked.
No phone numbers of course.

so this is the second time I have had problems with resubsribing before my avast actually runs out.

Is this still that iYogi crew?
They spammed me forever a couple of years ago trying to make me buy stuff I didn't need or want. In fact I initially called them to ask a simple question and the next thing I knew I had some guy I could barley understand installing my new Avast and fiddling through my computer while I watched. If I had realized they were the kind of business they are I never would have called. i could have done the installation myself.
I want nothing to do with these people.

The only customer service link in my email that works leads to a basic email form.

I am so irritated by this!
Any suggestions would be great!   :(

iroc9555

Re: Automatic renewal List without permission
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 09:58:10 PM »
No, Avast! does not use iYogi anymore.

See if this topic by MartinZ help you: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=110606.msg870648#msg870648

Also when ordering a product through Avast! site, you have the option to accept or deny automatic renewal. See Charyb's image real careful: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=111492.msg876243#msg876243

merricat

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 12:21:27 AM »
Oh thank you! I will check this out right away!  :D

merricat

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 02:38:21 AM »
iroc9555
I want to say thank you. In a round about way your post really helped.

I checked out the link you posted and found another link on that post  that enabled me to 'find my order'. So I put in the info and it gave me an Avast page with a phone number which I called. Talked to a girl  who wanted to know WHY I didn't want automatic renewal.....after a couple more questions like that  I finally said because it's my money and I will decide what to do with it. So she said she understood that and told me that I would have to talk to tech support to find out why I didn't have an activation code ........nothing more about the auto renewal issue.

So I spent an hour with some guy who wanted pretty desperately to clean up my computer because my OS was "begging" for help. Oh yeah had to download Bomgar and the whole nine yards. I told him I wanted only to activate my Avast and get out of the auto renewal thing.
He kept showing me long lists of plugin files and the task manager and telling me how my computer was on its way out. I finally just started shutting windows.

I went through this with iYogi too.

I had sent an email hours ago to customer service (apparently it went to nexway.com) and decided to check for a reply one more time. Lucky me! There was a reply and I got a really nice guy who had just opted out of the auto renew thing for me.
Also turns out I had the license (and yes I had looked it) but as it didn't really have any instructions I didn't know that all I had to do was click okay to accept the extended subscription date.
Good.

Btw. I clicked on a pop-up that was coming up in the exact same place my avast pop-up shows when it has updated the virus base or it is blocking a bad page. so when I kept getting a pop-up saying how many days left I had and a button that said 'renew now" I thought it was Avast????

But if you hadn't posted the link I would still maybe be wondering where my money went. So thank you :D

I hate the iYogi-esque thing though. Makes me feel not very comfortable with online renewals I guess.

iroc9555

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 03:33:38 PM »
iroc9555
I want to say thank you. In a round about way your post really helped...

...But if you hadn't posted the link I would still maybe be wondering where my money went. So thank you :D

No problem. Thank MartinZ and Charyb. I just led you to their answers.

merricat

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 04:56:48 PM »
Who ever the admin is for the Avast facebook page is saying to go personally and do this opt out on this auto renewal. Even though Robert said he did this last night... So the admin Gave me a link that gives me the same phone number and I can see a repeat of last night so. ... it still shows no orders under my name. I finally even registered for the avast site and still nothing.

I would think an order would show even if the payment was still processing.

merricat

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2013, 04:05:54 PM »
so I checked my bank account today to see if the payment to Nexway Software is still pending. It has been pending since Tuesday.

Well it is not pending ...........it isn't even there anymore. Totally gone from sight.

Nexway never took my money and I am still showing that I have a new subscription to Avast good til 2014.

Of course that may disappear too.

Really tired of this.