Author Topic: Two internet mail providers  (Read 4038 times)

trouble

Two internet mail providers
« on: February 24, 2005, 05:10:41 PM »
I have the 4.6 version and it says that I have 8 providers

#1 Is that the correct amount

I only have 4 providers working which was the way it was before the 4.6

I have 2 internet mail providers--Should that be--And either one of them is on the list of my (4) providers

One of the internet mail providers says it is waiting for a subsystem to start and it says it is running

The other one says no task is currently using this provider

Is this correct or is could this be a reason why my outlook express 6 says not tested

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Two internet mail providers
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 05:19:00 PM »
They anount of total providers depend on how many you have installed.

How many of them are working depend on what applications you use.

There is only 1 Internet Mail Provider. The other one for mail is the Outlook/Exchange provider.

One of the internet mail providers says it is waiting for a subsystem to start and it says it is running. The other one says no task is currently using this provider
This can be correct depending on what you use to pick up your mail.

I suggest you read the help file and start making yourself familiar with Avast and all the settings/options it provides to the user and what they do/mean. All the questions you have asked here are answered there.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2005, 03:47:07 AM »
I have 2 internet mail providers--Should that be--And either one of them is on the list of my (4) providers
One of the internet mail providers says it is waiting for a subsystem to start and it says it is running

The message "The provider is waiting on the subsystem to start" will be shown there until you open MS Outlook (not Outlook Express).
The plugin will be enabled automatically after that.

The other one says no task is currently using this provider
Is this correct or is could this be a reason why my outlook express 6 says not tested

To see if avast! is scanning emails, check one of these points:

1) Is the avast icon (the special one of email scanning) be shown in the system tray?

2) Is your email header with the lines X-Antivirus: avast! (VPS 0XXX-X, XX/XX/2005), Inbound message and X-Antivirus-Status: Clean? (Right click the message, choose Properties and Details)

To see the Standard Shield and other protection:
1) Is the 'a' blue icon swirling?
2) Right click the icon once and see what are the 'last scanned files'...
3) Use eicar virus test.

3) Are clean notes added at the bottom of the email? (Internet Mail provider settings)

You can test the security of your email system here: http://www.gfi.com/emailsecuritytest/

The best things in life are free.

trouble

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2005, 11:22:27 PM »
How do I open ms outlook

I have network shield, psp shield, standard shield and instant messaging running and scanning==Everything is fine with them

The a ball goes around when I click on outlook express but when an email comes through it says not tested 

If I go to repair how will i be able to tell which internet mail provider to delete.  I dont want to uninstall and reinstall if I dont have to

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2005, 11:44:08 PM »
How do I open ms outlook

Generally the icon...
But you can run: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Outlook.exe
(or Office10)

If I go to repair how will i be able to tell which internet mail provider to delete.  I dont want to uninstall and reinstall if I dont have to

You don't have to delete the provider... It can stay there and won't harm.
The best things in life are free.